Ziek`

We Need YOUR Help!!

I've come up with a new useful idea that is available as modifcations for vBulletin software:

-Shoutbox Topic Alert (as in like this: [url]https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1807925[/url])
-New ranks with new icons

The shoutbox topic alert modification allows you to see if a member is spamming to much :) Edited by Gripper

[quote name='Gripper']I've come up with a new useful idea that is available as modifcations for vBulletin software:

-Shoutbox Topic Alert (as in like this: [url]https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1807925[/url])
-New ranks with new icons

The shoutbox topic alert modification allows you to see if a member is spamming to much :)[/QUOTE]

Meh, I'm pretty sure the coordinators and administrators would be furious if there chatbox got all spammed up from people replying to a thread (Lets say the thread is popular) but in all honesty since RuneLocus isn't "big" it really isn't needed. They can just check the "New Forum Posts" and tell if a user is spamming.

[quote name='Reveron'] It used to be good back in the old days.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that rule has been there for years, many many years.

[quote name='Ikiliki']Pretty sure that rule has been there for years, many many years.[/QUOTE]

I believe there's even a word for it...

Nostalgia... or something like that.

RuneLocus should have an official server maybe?

[quote name='Citellum']RuneLocus should have an official server maybe?[/QUOTE]

Come on Jordan, you didn't even read the original post >.<.

[quote]The following are not to be suggested:
- Anything involving legal troubles with Jagex Ltd (Hosting webclients/sources/clients)
- New themes.[/quote]

Not sure what the legalities are on servers. Web-clients were always illegal, but I seem to remember claims that servers weren't. Whether that's true or not I have no idea, after all I am not a lawyer.

If the above is correct though you could always host a server and then have a third party entity host a client and deal with the litigation externally.

Repolution or Perplexity614 official server 4eva!

[quote name='Toonshorty']Not sure what the legalities are on servers. Web-clients were always illegal, but I seem to remember claims that servers weren't. Whether that's true or not I have no idea, after all I am not a lawyer.

If the above is correct though you could always host a server and then have a third party entity host a client and deal with the litigation externally.

Repolution or Perplexity614 official server 4eva![/QUOTE]

Recreating the server for educational purposes is (barely) allowed. Once money is made off of it it isn't. Using the client is illegal in any way (it's reverse engineered and jagex's rules state that reverse engineering their stuff is not allowed). So in fact having a rsps is illegal unless explicitly (and on paper) told otherwise by jagex.

I think having a runelocus rsps is not a good idea.

Having a toplist and RSPS is the worst combination I can ever imagine imo.