Ziek`

We Need YOUR Help!!

[quote name='Karaam']Also you could make this into a multi-genre gaming community, meaning, Call of Duty, Battlefield, X box 360, PS4, PS3, XBox720, and other popular consoles + games. I know Call of Duty Ghosts is getting popular already on xbox 360. Also you could make another subdomain for xbox.runelocus.com and make it have Mods, modding tuts, hacking tuts, and also a general hacking discussion, not DDOS threads, meaning only RATs and other hacking software.[/QUOTE]
One thing RuneLocus will [B]never [/B]become is a hacking community.

Should start a mentorship program, having experienced users help others who are just getting into coding.

[quote name='Cart']One thing RuneLocus will [B]never [/B]become is a hacking community.[/QUOTE]

:\ I figured as much :P

[quote name='Awkward']Should start a mentorship program, having experienced users help others who are just getting into coding.[/QUOTE]

The issue with that is who will mentor?

[quote name='Cart']The issue with that is who will mentor?[/QUOTE]

Uhm.. Ask "canownueasy" :3 : ). He's a legit coder, unless he/she retired.

[quote name='karaam']uhm.. Ask "canownueasy" :3 : ). He's a legit coder, unless he/she retired.[/quote]

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

[quote name='Karaam']Uhm.. Ask "canownueasy" :3 : ). He's a legit coder, unless he/she retired.[/QUOTE]

Thomas's skills shouldn't be discussed as legit.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygm_zjnWAMw&list=UU4xIDmp4CDda0emCAucY3LA[/url]

I don't even want to begin to discuss his experience.

/rant

Just face the fact that RSPS development is dead as a door nail here. Not enough talent, and it's like a mine that has been dried up. There was so much information that we could understand and use, and frankly, none of the elites are willing to do solo projects to create tools for people to use that streamlines the development process. Why? Well, you could just sell the software or host the software and make money. That's what it all boils down to, this hobby is too intensive, it's almost a job in a way. There's too much to consider, too much to learn, yeah its fun and it was a gateway for many of us to get into programming but now that many of us are older we have jobs/college/family/significant others to worry about.

Runelocus kinda suffered because it wasn't an original community, it was a child of Mopar. It was fine when we were all about just getting a server out there but now the game has changed. We know things now that we never knew back then, and still we don't have proper equipment to make it so that anyone can provide a good quality of server. What you see on the toplist? I tried many times to ignite the spark back to play on a server and have fun but the little mistakes on logging in kinda killed the feeling. Those servers are catered to a younger age group. I honestly can't comprehend why someone would play a server that isn't near the appropriate experience.

The best toplist? Why is that even significant when the best toplist hosts servers that are trash. The feature isn't even worth hosting because there's probably thousands of people who come and visit but are disappointed with the experience that the get when they step onto their website. It's sickening to see servers just devolve into a money grab that breeds zero talent or creativity. I can't believe people put up with having servers begging for donations shoved down their throat but are then given zero to no quality in the product they play. The entire reason that Vault and his server got popular is because he filled a void for people. Obviously there is a void for people if they are looking for a RSPS to play, but I look at the amount of people playing a server and think to myself: well, these could be much larger.

Emily has been saying this for awhile, and I'm speaking directly to this community but the whole premise of it all is dead. Mopar still exists because it the legacy of bots and hacking (Arian, Simba, RSBot). R-S still exists because it caters to a new generation, one I really can't begin to understand.

I don't mean to rant, but I've seen this topic so many times over the years. I no longer come here because I find the administration, moderation, and forum to just be dead. As seen by the amount of project topics you get, or just posts in general. Hell your toplist is active, and you've always boasted that, but I mean reread what I said and think "Is that really a good sign?".

/rant

Shoutout to Emily, Chad, Joe, Dug, Emp, Cart, and anyone that I use to have a love/hate relationship with. Hope everything is going well for you guys.

[quote name='GreyMan']/rant

Just face the fact that RSPS development is dead as a door nail here. Not enough talent, and it's like a mine that has been dried up. There was so much information that we could understand and use, and frankly, none of the elites are willing to do solo projects to create tools for people to use that streamlines the development process. Why? Well, you could just sell the software or host the software and make money. That's what it all boils down to, this hobby is too intensive, it's almost a job in a way. There's too much to consider, too much to learn, yeah its fun and it was a gateway for many of us to get into programming but now that many of us are older we have jobs/college/family/significant others to worry about.

Runelocus kinda suffered because it wasn't an original community, it was a child of Mopar. It was fine when we were all about just getting a server out there but now the game has changed. We know things now that we never knew back then, and still we don't have proper equipment to make it so that anyone can provide a good quality of server. What you see on the toplist? I tried many times to ignite the spark back to play on a server and have fun but the little mistakes on logging in kinda killed the feeling. Those servers are catered to a younger age group. I honestly can't comprehend why someone would play a server that isn't near the appropriate experience.

The best toplist? Why is that even significant when the best toplist hosts servers that are trash. The feature isn't even worth hosting because there's probably thousands of people who come and visit but are disappointed with the experience that the get when they step onto their website. It's sickening to see servers just devolve into a money grab that breeds zero talent or creativity. I can't believe people put up with having servers begging for donations shoved down their throat but are then given zero to no quality in the product they play. The entire reason that Vault and his server got popular is because he filled a void for people. Obviously there is a void for people if they are looking for a RSPS to play, but I look at the amount of people playing a server and think to myself: well, these could be much larger.

Emily has been saying this for awhile, and I'm speaking directly to this community but the whole premise of it all is dead. Mopar still exists because it the legacy of bots and hacking (Arian, Simba, RSBot). R-S still exists because it caters to a new generation, one I really can't begin to understand.

I don't mean to rant, but I've seen this topic so many times over the years. I no longer come here because I find the administration, moderation, and forum to just be dead. As seen by the amount of project topics you get, or just posts in general. Hell your toplist is active, and you've always boasted that, but I mean reread what I said and think "Is that really a good sign?".

/rant

Shoutout to Emily, Chad, Joe, Dug, Emp, Cart, and anyone that I use to have a love/hate relationship with. Hope everything is going well for you guys.[/QUOTE]
agree. except the part where you don't put me on the list. you fuck. oh wait i dont even know you that well thats right.

i forgot about you Steve! Miss you too man, hope everything is going well.