Ziek`

We Need YOUR Help!!

[quote name='Karaam']New Staff ranks
New Staff promotions + Staff[/QUOTE]

wtf kind of staff ranks do you want? and do you really want more staff in a community that's essentially dead now?

[quote name='Aff']wtf kind of staff ranks do you want? and do you really want more staff in a community that's essentially dead now?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Tiny Tim here. Were the forums overrun with rule breaking, we would consider it, but since it's not, there's no point in giving anyone else staff.

[quote name='Ziek`']Unfortunately, I have to agree with Tiny Tim here. Were the forums overrun with rule breaking, we would consider it, but since it's not, there's no point in giving anyone else staff.[/QUOTE]

It is not a requirement for the forums to be overrun with rule breaking in order to have new staff. The addition of staff can be to further advance the community through innovative ideas. The staff team is what can make the community. RuneLocus needs staff which can think outside the box. There is a very limited amount of people who have qualities of a staff member who will turn the community around.

All i'm saying is that you should consider finding new staff who have the initiative to push the community forward through innovative ideas.

[quote name='Ziek`']Unfortunately, I have to agree with Tiny Tim here. Were the forums overrun with rule breaking, we would consider it, but since it's not, there's no point in giving anyone else staff.[/QUOTE]

Actually... When every mod/admin is sleeping, rules are broken. I see it every day.

[quote name='Arix']Actually... When every mod/admin is sleeping, rules are broken. I see it every day.[/QUOTE]

With this I strongly agree with you. Although staff aren't here just to make sure rules aren't broken they need staff who are innovative, creative and are willing to push the community that little bit further to make it better.

It's good to get new faces in because once you have the same staff members for long periods of time, they have given all they can to the community. It comes to the point where they have benefited and enhanced the community but are no longer able to do so because their experience and knowledge is limited.

Everyone isn't good at everything.

[quote name='the gaurd']With this I strongly agree with you. Although staff aren't here just to make sure rules aren't broken they need staff who are innovative, creative and are willing to push the community that little bit further to make it better.

It's good to get new faces in because once you have the same staff members for long periods of time, they have given all they can to the community. It comes to the point where they have benefited and enhanced the community but are no longer able to do so because their experience and knowledge is limited.

Everyone isn't good at everything.[/QUOTE]
Yes and no. A moderator should not improve the community with innovation. That's up to admins. Also keep in mind that a lot of users join the community for what it is. I know out of experience that people don't like/adapt to change and it should be carefully consulted before carrying out innovative ideas.

[quote name='Arix']Yes and no. A moderator should not improve the community with innovation. That's up to admins. Also keep in mind that a lot of users join the community for what it is. I know out of experience that people don't like/adapt to change and it should be carefully consulted before carrying out innovative ideas.[/QUOTE]

When a community goes through a downfall period as RuneLocus is undergoing risks need to be taken. The staff may not perfect it the first time but you'll never learn what works unless you try it out. The result of change may cause a few players to leave. Sure that would happen. But if it is correctly executed it'll attract a new consumer/member base which is what is needed. The members which have been lost have become the past of RuneLocus. The future of RuneLocus is in the new members which join. Sure RuneLocus has it's current member base but by not taking risks (Smart well thought out and planned) RuneLocus will only decrease in size due to the fact that members will eventually lose interest.

In regards to staff. I have been very successful with choosing staff previously. This is due to the fact that I see staff for who they are and what they have to offer. I don't pick a mod because I want my mod to do specific jobs. Yes they [B]MUST[/B] take care of the forums. But when my mods aren't busy working with the forums I want them to have the capability to help improve the community and not only moderate. Hence the name "Moderator" would not be appropriate.

[quote name='the gaurd']When a community goes through a downfall period as RuneLocus is undergoing risks need to be taken. The staff may not perfect it the first time but you'll never learn what works unless you try it out. The result of change may cause a few players to leave. Sure that would happen. But if it is correctly executed it'll attract a new consumer/member base which is what is needed. The members which have been lost have become the past of RuneLocus. The future of RuneLocus is in the new members which join. Sure RuneLocus has it's current member base but by not taking risks (Smart well thought out and planned) RuneLocus will only decrease in size due to the fact that members will eventually lose interest.

In regards to staff. I have been very successful with choosing staff previously. This is due to the fact that I see staff for who they are and what they have to offer. I don't pick a mod because I want my mod to do specific jobs. Yes they [B]MUST[/B] take care of the forums. But when my mods aren't busy working with the forums I want them to have the capability to help improve the community and not only moderate. Hence the name "Moderator" would not be appropriate.[/QUOTE]
I suppose that if the community is falling, then yeah. But this community isn't exactly... legit. In the sense that you can't really advertise because this is a community for illegal servers of a game. I am collecting my stuff to contribute to RuneLocus which might revive it a little (a special rsps source) but who knows what will happen.

[quote name='Arix']I suppose that if the community is falling, then yeah. But this community isn't exactly... legit. In the sense that you can't really advertise because this is a community for illegal servers of a game. I am collecting my stuff to contribute to RuneLocus which might revive it a little (a special rsps source) but who knows what will happen.[/QUOTE]

In the sense that you can't advertise this website. You are able to do so. There is nothing illegal within RuneLocus. Here at RuneLocus there are no hosted webclients and nothing of the type. Although advertising may be hard it is possible to do through the various games which are advertised here at RuneLocus. Word of mouth is the best way to obtain and maintain a good community. (What i'm writing here is an extremely summarised version)

Some people state that RuneLocus should make a server which help it revive. This would put RuneLocus into a legal ditch would could affect the community in the long term.

What needs to be done is to bring a group of people jot down ideas on what should be done give reasons for and against and have in depth discussions. These discussions and verdicts should then be overlooked by external sources which are otherwise identified as neutrals.