Ziek`

We Need YOUR Help!!

[center][img]http://www.runelocus.com/forums/images/styles/Modern/style/logo.png[/img][/center]

Some of you may have noticed the recent decline in activity. Well, so have we, and we don't like it! RuneLocus used to be a thriving community, but with all the RuneScape updates and what-not, activity has slowly diminished. Because of that, we've decided to enlist in [B]YOUR [/B]help!

We need suggestions for the forum ([B]NOT [/B]the Toplist) that will bring activity! Post any and all suggestions that you have and if we end up using your idea(s), you will be given the Donator rank AND access to our VIP section!

[SIZE=2]The following are not to be suggested:
- Anything involving legal troubles with Jagex Ltd (Hosting webclients/sources/clients)[/SIZE]
- New themes.

You need users that bring attention to the forum. If intelligent forum users actively polluted all of the boards I imagine that other users would do so as well.

[quote name='Fascism']You need users that bring attention to the forum. If intelligent forum users actively polluted all of the boards I imagine that other users would do so as well.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why we're asking for suggestions; we need things that will entice those types of users to come and stay.

[quote name='Ziek`']That's exactly why we're asking for suggestions; we need things that will entice those types of users to come and stay.[/QUOTE]

All you need to do is get the ball rolling. Look at all of the people that have come on the forum today. Get the ones you know to get some forward movement.

What about some competitions? In all my time here at runelocus (a period of around 2 years) I have only seen one competition, wich was the OSRS one. It didn't increase forum activity by alot, but there was a friendly atmosphere and people enjoyed entering the competition.

[quote name='Julesmk']What about some competitions? In all my time here at runelocus (a period of around 2 years) I have only seen one competition, wich was the OSRS one. It didn't increase forum activity by alot, but there was a friendly atmosphere and people enjoyed entering the competition.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if here is enough people to do this. Maybe we can make a new server pack for people to play with that is more modern?

Facsism just gave me an idea with something he posted in the shoutbox. He said (in so many words) that it's disconcerting to see the lack of response that we have here on the forum. When someone posts a thread, it's discouraging to come back and see no one has posted. So I thought about the possibility of adding awards for people who actually respond to help threads on a regular basis (with helpful info, of course). If Dug wants to do this, there will be an announcement to let people know, so hopefully it will entice them to actually post and help out.

I thought we already had awards for that?

[quote name='GreyMan']I thought we already had awards for that?[/QUOTE]

We do, now that I look, but it's not really been advertised. I'll see about doing that later.

[B]I'll be honest.. and I'm sure I might get bashed for saying it but w/e..

A lot of former\prior users think Ikiliki has a "prick" attitude in his demeanor.. There are other smaller top list sites, with slightly bigger communities.

I haven't read too much about MineLocus, but adding a Minecraft top list, and a small subsection (Nothing big and extravagant), would help bring in more community members, and obviously random traffic.

Think about it, what does this forum offer that a dozen other RS forum doesn't? This was one of the first Toplists, and has remained kind of the "Gold standard" toplist, because it was one of the first ones, and held strong. This is not one of the first RS forums, and won't be the last. There isn't really any competitive edge or advantage to being on here, as opposed to any other forum. The only thing at this point is the chance of meeting new people, friendly discussion (learning from tuts), and selling a few things if that's your cup of tea.

Things that are "first" usually are what prosper.
[COLOR="#FF0000"]
I will give some direct examples, not to advertise, but to establish my point.[/COLOR]

[url]Www.D2JSP.Org[/url] - It is a site based around Diablo two, but now has multiple game sections, 300 Million posts, and 3K+ users online 24\7. This forum has such a completed\complex trading system, that I am not even going to touch base. It was made in 2003, and one of the biggest forums on the internet now.

[url]www.Sythe.org[/url] - Although kind of a sinking ship I would say, it was one of the first "known" RS black market sites

[url]www.Powerbot.org[/url] - One of the first free\massive bots for Runescape. There have been very few sites that have challenged\rivaled this one. OSbot, which is specifically geared towards 07scape, and I'm sure it has members from powerbot. Also, RSBuddy, which was developed by the former developer of Powerbot.

[url]www.FuckJagex.Com[/url] - A site revolved\built upon Runescape Hacking. Owners hacked and dumped gold\accounts\auths free to their members. Eventually, members came, and dumped their own things. Soon the owners didn't have to do much at all, and the members where doing what the owners did to get the site growing. In my opinion, this was one of the first in your face "Fuck you, get hacked" websites strictly dedicated to Runescape.

[url]Www.Hacking.RS[/url] - Shortly after FuckJagex shut down and the domain was siezed, this website opened. It boomed because of two reasons. 1.) FuckJagex just shut down 2.) There were massive free give-aways. The site would see 50-100K+ posts a month, with 2K+ users on daily.
[/B]

[B][COLOR="#FF0000"][U]Now lets recap-[/U][/COLOR]

JSP - 2003-2013
Sythe- 2005-2013
Powerbot- 2006-2013
FuckJagex- 2010-2011
Hacking.RS- 2011-2012
RuneLocus- 2007-2013

There have been many "copycats" and "attempts" to re-create experiences first "created" by these sites. None have been as successful as the originals..

So now I will ask, what else are you offering that is original that isn't offered anywhere else? You need to think of something unique, and creative. Or "we" since I guess you are asking "us" for help. If I think of anything, I will post it here.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]ps- remember, this is not an attempt to advertise anything, if you feel it is, please remove whatever I guess[/COLOR][/B] Edited by Arkon