Sign in to follow this  
Kuhgar

Anti-Leech

What exactly is anti-leech because I see some downloads brag about having no anti-leech.

Things that makes the source not function correctly unless it's fixed by the user who downloaded it.

For example, say I release a 718 source. A common anti-leech would be to delete needed files to run the source, and have people fix the 'anti-leech'.

[quote name='Cart']Things that makes the source not function correctly unless it's fixed by the user who downloaded it.

For example, say I release a 718 source. A common anti-leech would be to delete needed files to run the source, and have people fix the 'anti-leech'.[/QUOTE]

What's the point of releasing it if it doesn't run?

[quote name='Kuhgar']What's the point of releasing it if it doesn't run?[/QUOTE]

Usually, for whatever reason, some who release sources do not want the 'beginners'(noobs/leechers) using it. So they'll include something you'll have to modify/remove/add to make it function correctly.

There are other types of anti-leeches, ranging from code that makes the player XXX(XXX as in name) an administrator.

[quote name='Cart']Usually, for whatever reason, some who release sources do not want the 'beginners'(noobs/leechers) using it. So they'll include something you'll have to modify/remove/add to make it function correctly.

There are other types of anti-leeches, ranging from code that makes the player XXX(XXX as in name) an administrator.[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks for the clarification! :)

[quote name='Kuhgar']Great, thanks for the clarification! :)[/QUOTE]
No problem ;).