Sign in to follow this  
ahmed

[PI] Requirements for a Vote4Cash System

Question

Hello Everyone,
I started my server like a week ago, and I finally could get it on vps, so I just wanted to ask a few questions..
I already have GTLVOTE 1.1 on my server, but the problem is that it doesnt run along with the server, it requires mysql thingy, and I still dont have a website for the server, now im hosting the webclient on webs.com..so can someone please give me an idea on the requirements for the website? and is it like I have to buy a domain first? and can someone recommend me a good web hosting site for a good price of domain too?

5 answers to this question

There are many webhost that are free that you can use to setup your vote system. One website that I use to host with was x10hosting.com
They allow mysql.
One thing you need is remoteSQL.

Careful when using free hosts though, some can track down illegal activity and remove the website fast, this has been my experience in the past any way lol though I go offshore hosting now for stuff like this.

I'd personally suggest something like Trentahost. Grab a cheap domain from like NameCheap, switch the nameservers to TrentaHost and then set up your Vote for items. Google the names of the two companies I've said, I don't want to be direct linking them in case it's seen as advertising.

All the best,
Harry

[quote name='pasta186']I'd personally suggest something like Trentahost. Grab a cheap domain from like NameCheap, switch the nameservers to TrentaHost and then set up your Vote for items. Google the names of the two companies I've said, I don't want to be direct linking them in case it's seen as advertising.

All the best,
Harry[/QUOTE]
Be careful though, trentahost is known for nullrouting their services if they get ddos.

[quote name='high105']Be careful though, trentahost is known for nullrouting their services if they get ddos.[/QUOTE]

Aye thats extremely true, if you've got about a 20+ playerbase, I'd suggest against using Trentahost. It's good as a starting host but once you get 20 players you're likely to have 2 of many things: 1. Haters and 2. Donations. Haters will try and knock you offline, so use the donations to get good protection.
All the best, Harry

Sign in to follow this