Sign in to follow this  
Yum Pwncakez

Why isn't there hardly any 508/512 revision based servers?

When I first got into playing private servers, I played a server called doodooscape, which was a 508/512 server. Personally I think that all the new revisions are terrible, yes, maybe they're coded better, but for PKing I think they suck.

Can anyone tell me why there are barely ANY 508/512 servers, and if there is which is the most active server online that is striving in popularity?

Thanksssssss

For example,

a revision like this - no eco/modded items like dungeoneering.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rc3Mrf6Fhk[/url]

What the hell is a 508/512 server? ...
Judging by the video, that server is either a 525 or a 508 server with 525 cache. (because of pvp items)

[quote name='Stacx']What the hell is a 508/512 server? ...
Judging by the video, that server is either a 525 or a 508 server with 525 cache. (because of pvp items)[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, my knowledge doesn't stretch far with private servers. However, if you're right and it is a 525 server, or even a 508 server with a 525 cache, why have these type of servers died out? Yes, I understand that it is a really old version of Runescape, however they're still a good revision. Servers on the top list literally hardly have any difference between them apart from eco/non eco.

[quote name='Yum Pwncakez']I'm sorry, my knowledge doesn't stretch far with private servers. However, if you're right and it is a 525 server, or even a 508 server with a 525 cache, why have these type of servers died out? Yes, I understand that it is a really old version of Runescape, however they're still a good revision. Servers on the top list literally hardly have any difference between them apart from eco/non eco.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I spent like 2 years+ deving a 525. The thing is though that they were extremely popular back in the day... nearly all the top servers were 508/525. I have no idea why they died out, I still love 525.

[quote name='Stacx']I agree, I spent like 2 years+ deving a 525. The thing is though that they were extremely popular back in the day... nearly all the top servers were 508/525. I have no idea why they died out, I still love 525.[/QUOTE]

I wish there were more, that are actually genuine 508/525 servers (with all the items that the revision is actually based on), unlike some now with chaotic's and nex. Oh well, guess times have changed!

I'm searching for a dev team to a re-make a pvp style 508 or 525. I loved them, and I feel people would still like them.

Without a doubt, I think people now, or if not will, get sick of these new revisions. People are more or less begging JaGex to bring back EP pking days, 2009-2011 etc, in which I think 508/525 servers were based around 2009 late 2010? Maybe wrong but either way, servers like that are what some people are wanting!

Actually most Popular RSPS today aren't new. they float around 317. I think it's because there aren't very many working 508/525 sources.