ballack1

Attacking through objects [PI]

Question

The problem I'm having is whenever I have an object between two players and the distance between them is only separated by that object, and once one of these players attack the other..that player attacks through that object. The image below shows what I mean:

[IMG]http://s7.postimg.org/ciji5jknv/Untitled.png[/IMG]

A clipping system is already implemented on my server. It is using some sort of collision map system for clipping. Source is PI (Rune-Legacy).

I'm just wondering how I can make it so that it checks if there is an object between both players before letting a player attack.

Also, another problem is that there are places such as GWD Dungeon in which clipping doesn't work. I'm guessing the collisionmap file loads objects for 317 rev and the following method is done so that a player or an npc cannot walk through these objects? Is there a way where I could add objects to the new collisionmap? I may be wrong on how the clipping system works, but it seems to work as I described. How could I go on about fixing these two problems?

8 answers to this question

I've not come across this issue before so i can't really help much but il try. Is it only between two players or between a player and npc aswell. Could you also post your Attack/Combat handler. <<< Sry it's been a while since i past worked with 317.

It's also between a player and npc. Here is my CombatAssistant.java.

[url]http://pastebin.com/XRLqwC88[/url] Edited by ballack1

I've read through it and nothing seems wrong in there. I would contact the owner of the source and ask him if he can help you. Sorry i couldn't.

prob something with the anim

Anim? Why would it be a problem with the anim? It attacks and damages the other player.