Sign in to follow this  
chrischris567

[PI] Custom Items Invisible to Other Players

Question

Hi.
I'm making a 317 PI pking server. I've added customs such as the spirit shields and chaotics. They're visible to me. The inventory & wearing models are all fine. But to my friend, who's coding with me, they're invisible. He is using the same client as me, so he has itemdef.java with the customs added into it. He also has the same cache as me with the imported models. So, here's the two perspectives.

What I see on my screen: [url]http://prntscr.com/1dmnin[/url]
What he see's on his screen at the same time: [url]http://prntscr.com/1dmnk6[/url]

Keep in mind that the recoloured items show up on his screen, but not the custom added models, such as spirit shields and chaotics. And also remember that he has the most up-to-date client (with the models in it), and the cache (with the models in it). I have no idea why he can't see these items. Could anyone help me? Thank you! All help is appreciated! ;)

6 answers to this question

Nothing to diss RuneLocus, but it seems nobody responds to help threads here. I posted the same thing on Rune-Server and got a reply instantly.

[quote name='chrischris567']Nothing to diss RuneLocus, but it seems nobody responds to help threads here. I posted the same thing on Rune-Server and got a reply instantly.[/QUOTE]

1. Don't advertise other forums on this forum.
2. It's probably and error with the cache.

[quote name='godswords']1. Don't advertise other forums on this forum.
2. It's probably and error with the cache.[/QUOTE]

Didn't advertise other forums on this forum. Lol...

I know this thread is old, but it's exactly the same situation I'm in, so still relevant!

Sometimes when I load the cache I can see godswords, and other items which sanity must have packed into the cache, but if I redownload the cache after adding more raw files, sometimes they are invisible!

Does anyone know how I could perhaps remove the models for these items from the cache and add them instead to my raw folder? I don't seem to have a problem loading any of the files I add to it...

Thanks

[quote name='Baylo11']I know this thread is old, but it's exactly the same situation I'm in, so still relevant!

Sometimes when I load the cache I can see godswords, and other items which sanity must have packed into the cache, but if I redownload the cache after adding more raw files, sometimes they are invisible!

Does anyone know how I could perhaps remove the models for these items from the cache and add them instead to my raw folder? I don't seem to have a problem loading any of the files I add to it...

Thanks[/QUOTE]

most likely the polycount of the items your trying to add are too high.

Ok, sorry to bump this thread again...

Quite embarrassing, actually but I just fixed the problem! Please bear in mind I've had this for weeks, it wasn't just me being stupid (well it kind of was)

For anyone else who has this problem, it's being your modeldecompresser.java in your client, can't find your model.dat and model.idx files in your cache ;3 You have to reroute the path :D

Sign in to follow this