Sign in to follow this  
atrivisano

A Single User Table/Single Database?

Hey,

So I noticed that there are multiple databases or multiple user tables... In my opinion, this is kind of annoying... Having 2-3 different accounts within 1 website? I had to create a separate username to log in and create a server. I just think there should be a universal user table or even better, 1 database. I know vBulletin makes it's own Database but I believe you guys are beyond capable of creating your own forum ;)

Anyways, I just wanted to suggest a single user table or a single database.

I want to keep the forum and toplist separated. There's vBulletin exploits/security leaks circling on the internet every month or so. If I link the forum database with the toplist database, it will give hackers the opportunity to deface the toplist. Most of the traffic goes to the toplist, so I obviously don't want to take that risk. Anyone with a little common sense knows how to find publicly posted vBulletin exploit and use it.

Edit: By the way, just a week or two ago this happened to Soulsplit. The forum was hacked and linked to the game, causing a lot of trouble in their game.

That's crazy! I didn't know about that, I am sorry... I was just thinking what about a custom forum? RuneLocus Framework ;) Just a random thought...

That kinda sucks that there is exploits, BUT if you were to create your own forum, you could create your own security that is much better than vBulletin's couldn't you?