Sign in to follow this  
Ziek`

Did Your Advertisement Thread Disappear? Read To Find Out Why!

I just went through the advertisement section and deleted a bunch of threads. Why? They violated the [url=http://www.runelocus.com/forums/announcement.php?f=29]Server Advertisement Sectional Rules[/url]. If you would like to avoid having your thread disappear in the future, please thoroughly read through these rules.

One of the main reasons advertisement threads are deleted is because of the title. We like to keep a semi-professional look to our forums, so we ask that you keep the title simple: Revision and Server name ONLY.

Good title:
Soulsplit 317

Bad title:

Soulsplit 317 24/7 || Spawn || Economy || VPS || PKing || Full Castle Wars || All Skills || Drop Parties || And More!

Soulsplit 317 - Need staff!! Join now!!

The reason we don't allow titles like that is because when you get a lot of threads with wacky titles like that, it can be very confusing and frustrating to look at.

Another main reason advertisement threads are deleted is because of the lack of media. You MUST have at least 3 IN-GAME images of your server and they MUST be visible WITHOUT user interaction (meaning outside of a spoiler box, etc).

If you have ANY questions at all, feel free to ask them in this thread. Please keep all discussion civil, or infractions will be handed out. Edited by Ziek`

Thanks for the great work Ziek :D

I'm puzzled how they don't read the rules, yet are shocked to find their thread's deleted.

I would like to ask something. There are a lot of advertisement threads that bump every 24 hours. I read the rules and you can only bump every 24 hours IF you updated something or so your thread doesn't go dead. A lot of threads just bump without an update and their thread isn't dead...

[quote name='newboy']I would like to ask something. There are a lot of advertisement threads that bump every 24 hours. I read the rules and you can only bump every 24 hours IF you updated something or so your thread doesn't go dead. A lot of threads just bump without an update and their thread isn't dead...[/QUOTE]

Report them. We are not going to comb through every since thread to see if they are excessively bumping.

Just a question, can you possibly warn them before you delete so they can save the layout and fix it later? Or do you delete it because it violates the rules?

[quote name='Nighthawk123']Just a question, can you possibly warn them before you delete so they can save the layout and fix it later? Or do you delete it because it violates the rules?[/QUOTE]

I delete because it violates the rules that are stickied AND as an announcement [URL="http://i.imgur.com/o9OmaJU.png"]DIRECTLY above[/URL] the Post New Thread button... AND this thread. They have 3 chances to read the rules before posting, so if their thread violates the rules, it's their own fault and there's no reason I should help them out anymore.

My thread was deleted today, I guess that's why. My thread's title for my server was : Xylum (need staff) I saw many server with need staff so I put it in mine too o well I guess il make a new thread again