Sign in to follow this  
Chewbarka

Help running ANY RSPS offline?

Question

Alright so, I've spent the past few hours pulling my hair to trying to figure this all out.
I downloaded and followed the tutorial one and got it all up and running and played it for a bit so i figured hey, this is totally easy. I can do this. Since then I've downloaded 4 different other servers and cant get a single freaking one to work for me.
All i want to do is play offline. I only have internet every other weekend, so im not able to play anything online. Having one of these RSPS run offline is the closest thing i can get to playing RS anymore.

Can anyone help me out here?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

24 answers to this question

Change the IP in to '127.0.0.1' shall allow you to play by yourself.

[quote name='Chewbarka']Alright so, I've spent the past few hours pulling my hair to trying to figure this all out.
I downloaded and followed the tutorial one and got it all up and running and played it for a bit so i figured hey, this is totally easy. I can do this. Since then I've downloaded 4 different other servers and cant get a single freaking one to work for me.
All i want to do is play offline. I only have internet every other weekend, so im not able to play anything online. Having one of these RSPS run offline is the closest thing i can get to playing RS anymore.

Can anyone help me out here?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.[/QUOTE]

All you have to do really is make sure the server is on and that you're using the correct client for said server and that you're connecting to: localhost or 127.0.0.1. Also make sure that you're connecting to the same port that the server is open on.

Forgive me if this makes me seem totally incompetent (If i don't seem so already)
But how do i change the IP?

I had actually tried that ( I don't remember where i saw to do that, but i think some random google link) on one of them but whatever i did totally didn't work and i gave up in frustration.

Usually, your client will contain a location where you can change where it connects to.

Try searching around for a client.java.

either search client.java in your client folder, or just search no-ip. it will bring up client.java and maybe gui.java just change the randomname.no-ip.biz change it to 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0

[quote name='9shnitzle']either search client.java in your client folder, or just search no-ip. it will bring up client.java and maybe gui.java just change the randomname.no-ip.biz change it to 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0[/QUOTE]

Alright so i did that. But its still not connecting.
Normaly it would just fail to connect instantly, now its acting like its trying but failing. Had me all excited for a moment..

Sign in to follow this