Sign in to follow this  
darkdagger4298

Changed .class files to notepad files...

Question

I didn't mean to click the box that made notepad the default .class file opener. Now my .class files won't work. I'm unable to run clients anymore due to this. Is there any way I can reset them to files without default programs? Is there a program that I could use as the default program?

3 answers to this question

Well, it'd be good to understand that *.class files are simply the machine's way of reading and understanding the java programming that's placed inside of your *.java files. So, they shouldn't be able to be opened by any program other than the computer's personal ones, and honestly, opening them with notepad should just display gibberish.

You can't open the client with the starting script though?

No...
There is no way you can even open .class files and see what is inside them.
Also what you did was changing the default program to open .class files with which does not change if the client should run or not.

[quote name='Ishana']No...
There is no way you can even open .class files and see what is inside them.
Also what you did was changing the default program to open .class files with which does not change if the client should run or not.[/QUOTE]

That's what I had figured. Since the batch file (which is what most clients start with) shouldn't even recognize the personal computer settings.

Sign in to follow this