Pat'

(Question) Data (D:) Drive.

When I bought my laptop it said its hardrive was 450GB. But it seems it has been split into two different drives, the main one (C:) is 116gb, my other one is 334GB (D:), If my main drive (C:) ran out of space how would I suppose to be using the (D:) drive. However, the (C:) drive has my program files (x86)... So its kinda in a knot.

Untitled-1.png

Yeh, its called partitioned I believe.

I have 2 500gig's in C: and D:

Just learn to store some stuff in D: I guess tehe.

I had one of these except less disk space in the C: drive (only 18GB :o)

I just had to store stuff in the D: drive. Nothing seemed to happen to my PC.

Mhm looks like nothing is wrong, but once I run out of space in my C: how will i make it that it stores in the D: ?

If I remember right, when you install windows it does that because at the time it doesn't recognize more than 120 GB (Granted yours is 116GB) but hey,

idk if this may be for Windows XP only though, which you're not on.

Edited by Daedalus

I've got two separate hard drives in my Desktop.

I've labeled them C: drive and Z: drive.

I've got an SSD so it's only 40GB, I installed Windows to C: but then installed everything else like games and downloads to Z:

I have the same thing on my computer. When you are installing things just change up the path that it installs to. So instead of C:\Program Files do D:\Program Files or w/e you want to install it in. I for one just install each thing in its own folder so I can find things quicker.

I only have 1 drive, so it's not a big deal. I don't know if this is true or not; however, if you fill up the drive where your operating system is installed, you could have more of a performance issue.

I only have 1 drive, so it's not a big deal. I don't know if this is true or not; however, if you fill up the drive where your operating system is installed, you could have more of a performance issue.

True, but not much.

That really effects solid state drives more than anything.

Fuck. Maybe I should just sell my laptop and buy a laptop with only 1 drive.. -____-