Sign in to follow this  
Rich

$500 budget

Ok.. so it's confirmed.. I can get a computer worth up to no more than $500 give or take $10 maybe.. Anyways.. I'd prefer it to be the best possible computer I could get for $500 pre assembled, it must be able to run minecraft, and MMoRPG's without lagging, be able to record videos, and watch youtube perfectly, have at least 4GB of ram, and a dual core prcessor. I'd prefer if you can show me the best desktop, and laptop that fits the needs I've described above.

It is also very important that you show me one that will still be in stock, and available for purchase around February 25th.
[MENTION=28]Christopher`[/MENTION] can you help me with this one? Edited by Rich

You should probably wait until you accumulate a little bit more, with $500 (give or take) you won't be able to get much in terms of quality gear unless you plan to just build a framework for now and then build onto it in the future.

[url]http://www.computershopper.com/feature/the-500-dual-core-workhorse[/url]

looks quite informative

If you build it yourself it would be a lot cheaper. If you still want a pre-assembled one just let me know and I'll search around for you. Also, do you live in the U.S.? I'm only asking this so I know which type of websites to look on.

Nevermind. <3 Edited by iRepo

[quote name='Smudge']You should probably wait until you accumulate a little bit more, with $500 (give or take) you won't be able to get much in terms of quality gear unless you plan to just build a framework for now and then build onto it in the future.[/QUOTE]Well, I mean it doesn't have to be the best machine in the whole entire world, with the ebst proccesor, graphic's card, I just need the best possible computer for my budget, something that will be an upgrade to my absolute piece of shit $300 toshiba satellite laptop I have now that isn't even dual core. Because, I seriously can't even play minecraft even when i had good internet without having to exit the world every 5 mintues because I had such a low frame rate due to a shitty proccessor. I really just need an upgrade that can last me a few years possibly.

[quote name='Spear']If you build it yourself it would be a lot cheaper. If you still want a pre-assembled one just let me know and I'll search around for you. Also, do you live in the U.S.? I'm only asking this so I know which type of websites to look on.[/QUOTE] [MENTION=16]Spear[/MENTION] The last and only computer I built, which technically wasn't building it just taking it apart and putting it back together with assitance was about.. 3 years ago, in a community center class, and it was a windows xp. And yes I live in the U.S. Possibly however.. I might be able to have my step dad's son who owns a computer company and can build a computer in a matter of minutes to assemble one for me. So, I ask.. if anyone willing to help me could link me to the best possible pre assembled laptop and desktop within my budget, and as well as parts for a build, so that I can ask if he can assemble something for me should I buy the parts, and if he can't I'll just buy the pre assembled. Edited by Rich

[quote name='iRepo']Get an Alienware. Suits your standards.
[url]http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-aurora-r4/pd.aspx?~ck=mn[/url]

No, but seriously. I don't think you're going to get a very amazing pre-assembled computer for $500.
It'll probably be the definition of standard.[/QUOTE]

Please do not mention 'Alienware' in this section. Thanks.

[quote name='Rich']Well, I mean it doesn't have to be the best machine in the whole entire world, with the ebst proccesor, graphic's card, I just need the best possible computer for my budget, something that will be an upgrade to my absolute piece of shit $300 toshiba satellite laptop I have now that isn't even dual core. Because, I seriously can't even play minecraft even when i had good internet without having to exit the world every 5 mintues because I had such a low frame rate due to a shitty proccessor. I really just need an upgrade that can last me a few years possibly.

The last and only computer I built, which technically wasn't building it just taking it apart and putting it back together with assitance was about.. 3 years ago, in a community center class, and it was a windows xp. And yes I live in the U.S. Possibly however.. I might be able to have my step dad's son who owns a computer company and can build a computer in a matter of minutes to assemble one for me. So, I ask.. if anyone willing to help me could link me to the best possible pre assembled laptop and desktop within my budget, and as well as parts for a build, so that I can ask if he can assemble something for me should I buy the parts, and if he can't I'll just buy the pre assembled.[/QUOTE]

Here's a good pre-assembled one. [url]http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-p6-2350-Desktop-Black/dp/B009I9N1K0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1360524926&sr=8-4&keywords=hp+pavilion+desktop[/url] And yes I am well aware it is an AMD processor, but it'll get the job done for him for now. If you want to actually game you would need to purchase a graphics card.

If you're looking to put about $170ish more into the computer, then I recommend this [url]http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3703640&CatId=6[/url]

[quote name='Spear']Here's a good pre-assembled one. [url]http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-p6-2350-Desktop-Black/dp/B009I9N1K0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1360524926&sr=8-4&keywords=hp+pavilion+desktop[/url] And yes I am well aware it is an AMD processor, but it'll get the job done for him for now. If you want to actually game you would need to purchase a graphics card.

If you're looking to put about $170ish more into the computer, then I recommend this [url]http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3703640&CatId=6[/url][/QUOTE]I found this one last night.. not sure if it has a graphic's card.. I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to computer specs/parts.

[url]http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Black-p2-1343wb-Desktop-PC-Bundle-with-AMD-E2-1800-Accelerated-Processor-6GB-Memory-20-LED-Monitor-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-8-Operating-Syste/21634590?findingMethod=rr[/url]