Christopher`

Interested in reading computer-related guides?

Tell me some topics that you would like to see, and I will possibly start writing guides for you guys,

Some ideas;

Home servers (hardware installation will not be included)
[code]-Introduction
--What is a home server?
--What can I do with it?
--Does it cost anything?
--How realible is it?

-Software
--Good programs/commands to have
--Firewall help
--Other

-Windows Home Server
--Installation
--How to make a remote access point
--How to setup auto-backup

-Linux[/code]

and

How to build a computer
[code]
-Introduction
--'Building' a computer, is it worth it?
--I'm not very computer literate, can I still do this myself?
--Tools that you will need/want to have

-Getting started

-Help
[/code]

etc

Best Internet Browser to use?
Ways to speed up Internet?

:p

[quote name='Citellum'][COLOR="#FF0000"]Best Internet Browser to use?[/COLOR]
Ways to speed up Internet?

:p[/QUOTE]
That question is completely opinion.

[quote name='Cart']That question is completely opinion.[/QUOTE]

Not quite. Obviously Safari on Windows isn't up to scale with Chrome or FF. Between firefox and chrome, the main differences comes down to add ons. Use a lot of Google products? Chrome is perfect for you. Like the Firefox Addon selection better than Chromes? Go for it. Internet Explorer is actually somewhat catching up to them and might become a player in the browser market soon.

Oh and Harley, don't make a building a computer guide. It won't be able to top Neweggs/other resources already out there. I think it would just be a waste of time.

[quote name='Josh']Not quite. Obviously Safari on Windows isn't up to scale with Chrome or FF. Between firefox and chrome, the main differences comes down to add ons. Use a lot of Google products? Chrome is perfect for you. Like the Firefox Addon selection better than Chromes? Go for it. Internet Explorer is actually somewhat catching up to them and might become a player in the browser market soon.

Oh and Harley, don't make a building a computer guide. It won't be able to top Neweggs/other resources already out there. I think it would just be a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

The newegg/NCIX guides don't fully show what to do, plus people are dumb and cannot google.

[quote name='Harley Quinn']The newegg/NCIX guides don't fully show what to do, plus people are dumb and cannot google.[/QUOTE]

I managed to build my first computer with only the Newegg YouTube Guides and no previous experience. Then I realized "Hey, this shit is basically me just plugging shit into ports that are made to fit the plug, why is this so glorified?".

Now, if you were to make a indepth guide on troubleshooting that might be helpful.

Also, if you are buying computer parts I'm sure you know how to use google/YouTube.

[quote name='whackatre']linux help? man pages fuck yea[/QUOTE]

What kind of linux help?

[quote name='Christopher`']What kind of linux help?[/QUOTE]

My guess is he is talking about [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_page]these[/URL] which I guess you could write about but writing a guide on documentation seems redundant to me. Then again I'm terrible with *nix and know almost next to nothing about it so there is that.