Steve

Norton Security Issue

[quote name='Daedalus']Don't tell me you mean Microsoft thingy majigy?[/QUOTE]

He does. :L

[quote name='Cart']MSE, anyone?
<3[/QUOTE]

... And there goes what-little respect I had for you.

[quote name='Cart']MSE, anyone?
<3[/QUOTE]

This.

Not only is it the best free antivirus out there IMO (and better than all the paid ones that I've tried, too), but it also comes with your OS (It's called Windows Defender, if you're still using windows 8, Steve).

Also, install malware bytes (which is also free at [url]http://www.malwarebytes.org/[/url]). It isn't an anti-virus per se, since the free version doesn't offer real time protection, but it's an amazing tool to get rid of viruses.

Provided that you run a scan once a week with Malware Bytes and use MSE together with the windows firewall, you should be safe enough, unless you're a moron.

[hr]@Christopher[/hr]

According to a study done by BitDefender ([url]http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2012/11/09/windows-8-protected-from-85-of-malware-detected-in-the-past-six-months-right-out-the-box/[/url]), MSE (which in windows 8 is called Windows Defender) blocked 85% of the most common viruses, according to them.

Malware Bytes can detect considerably more. If you know better than giving any software administrator access (which Steve does) and you're not constantly being the target of 0-day exploits, you should be pretty safe. Considering that MSE is free and the least intrusive antivirus I have ever seen, I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

If anything, people should worry about keeping their softwares up-to-date, because they're often the source of exploits. Edited by bl00dshooter

I use Avast! and haven't had a virus in years. Although, I'm not stupid when it comes to downloading and web browsing.

[quote name='Ziek`']I use Avast! and haven't had a virus in years. Although, I'm not stupid when it comes to downloading and web browsing.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, I always used Avast and never had a single virus on my computer.