Steve

Whats wrong

Recently I got a new CPU for my computer and put it into my computer, and I don't really know what its called but I was supposed to set something but I didn't so windows didn't know I had new hardware and crashed when it would try to start, so I put in the installation disc(for windows 7) and started in safe mode and it used that to update all my drivers and fix my hardware problems. But now when I'm on the computer sometimes the screen just freezes, the mouse turns from a mouse to just a messed up picture, and eventually the screen just changes to a rainbow of colors. I looked it up on google and it said bad drivers/dying video card/not enough power. I've ruled out power, and I don't think it's a dying video card because it didnt have this problem before the new cpu, so could it be bad drivers? I don't really know what to think.

What's the CPU you bought and how many watts has your PSU?

My PSU is 500W which I figured would be enough, and I got an AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor. Idk if its enough anymore though, what do i know though.

The CPU takes 125W already. Do you have extension cards such as video card or other power-eating components? If no, those would be good things to look at:

[list]
[*]CPU heat;
[*]Recently installed drivers (re-installing them);
[*]If you broke any hardware while playing in computer (rare, but may happen).
[/list]

I do have a video card, ATI Radeon HD 4600, and they recommend 400W or higher. Does this mean I need a new power supply............................................................................................

I just saw that it uses only 75 watts, so that might not be the cause of the problem. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled graphic card drivers?

Ok uh yeah I'm just doing that now hopefully it doesn't have anymore problems.

It would help if you listed your entire build so I can narrow down what you fucked up.

I can list it tomorrow right now im not at a computer, but I imagine its just the video driver.

I think I fixed this it was just drivers