malimt

best computer for ( gaming and hosting servers on it )

please help me out , looking for best computer to host servers in and a really fast one with good graphics also for gaming purpose , ..just want a computer only for server hosting and gaming please help

Well the best computer will probably cost you too much.. ;)

What's your budget?

Have look on the Intel's basic server range and If you're going for an assembled one go with Quad Core/Xenon.

I don't know about desktops but, the MSI GT780DX laptop is excellent for gaming and high performance usage and server hosting. It's actually a gaming laptops. It comes standard with 16 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD and 780 GB SATA, Nvidia GeForce 560M, directX 11, dynaudio soundsystem (very good...), intel i7 quad core @ max 3.4 GHz. VERY good ventilation system. (I honestly have to try hard to get it warm).

I use this laptop to host my minecraft server (this requires ALOT of RAM) I dedicate 15 GB of the RAM to it and sometimes it uses almost 15 GB. I also play minecraft on the maximum graphical settings, while the server is running and I have no lag at all. Not to mention all the other things that are open. My laptop has about 120 processes to run at startup and the boot (with login) takes 23 seconds from button press till desktop.

There is a downside of it too:
It weighs quite alot for a laptop, there are no indicators for caps lock etc (only on screen but not on keyboard) Edited by Arix

[quote name='arix']i don't know about desktops but, the msi gt780dx laptop is excellent for gaming and high performance usage and server hosting. It's actually a gaming laptops. It comes standard with 16 gb ram, 128 gb ssd and 780 gb sata, nvidia geforce 560m, directx 11, dynaudio soundsystem (very good...), intel i7 quad core @ max 3.4 ghz. Very good ventilation system. (i honestly have to try hard to get it warm).

I use this laptop to host my minecraft server (this requires alot of ram) i dedicate 15 gb of the ram to it and sometimes it uses almost 15 gb. I also play minecraft on the maximum graphical settings, while the server is running and i have no lag at all. Not to mention all the other things that are open. My laptop has about 120 processes to run at startup and the boot (with login) takes 23 seconds from button press till desktop.

There is a downside of it too:
It weighs quite alot for a laptop, there are no indicators for caps lock etc (only on screen but not on keyboard)[/quote]

780 gb sata?

[quote name='Hash']780 gb sata?[/QUOTE]yeah, a secondary hard drive of 780 GB and I believe that it is a SATA connector.

[quote name='Arix']yeah, a secondary hard drive of 780 GB and I believe that it is a SATA connector.[/QUOTE]

780 GB HDD, okay.

[quote name='Arix']yeah, a secondary hard drive of 780 GB and I believe that it is a SATA connector.[/QUOTE]

780GB? I don't recall anyone ever making such an odd-numbered drive. I know for sure that there is a 750, but I really don't know about the 780.

Edit: I was correct. The laptop you have posted only has a 500GB & 750GB slave drives available. Edited by Christopher`

[quote name='Harley Quinn']780GB? I don't recall anyone ever making such an odd-numbered drive. I know for sure that there is a 750, but I really don't know about the 780.

Edit: I was correct. The laptop you have posted only has a 500GB & 750GB slave drives available.[/QUOTE]

My bad, it is indeed a hard drive of 750GB. and it has a total size of 870GB (120GB SSD + 750GB HDD). Mixed it all up.