Requiem

Alienware - Pros and Cons

So, we all know everyone who knows of them, has their own opinion. I'm talking about the Alienware m##X series. More specifically, the M17X R4. I'm planning on buying a laptop that will be versatile, for University, and for gaming. I don't really have a budget, though I'd say about $3500 is getting high. For the M17X I'm looking at it is going to cost about $3200 after taxes. Now, I know most people are either strongly AGAINST, or strongly FOR this sub-branch of Dell. Personally, I don't have a problem with Dell.

Some Cons that I have noted are:
Weight: 9.39lbs (Without battery)
Support: Apparently sucks.
Over Priced: Yes, I know they are over priced however I get a good financing deal from my work if I buy from dell.
Battery Life: Everyone claims it different, an average would be about 3 hours.

So, enlighten me.. Is it worth it? And before you post "ALI3NWAR3S IS [email protected]" please find some evidence to support your opinion.

I don't like Alienware because of that:[list]
[*]You could get an Ultrabook for less money and the same specs;
[*]You mostly pay for the brand.
[/list]

Not much, but that's what I think. Not saying that Alienware sucks, but as I would say for a Mac: it's good quality but way too expensive to be worth buying.

[quote name='Requiem']So, we all know everyone who knows of them, has their own opinion. I'm talking about the Alienware m##X series. More specifically, the M17X R4. I'm planning on buying a laptop that will be versatile, for University, and for gaming. I don't really have a budget, though I'd say about $3500 is getting high. For the M17X I'm looking at it is going to cost about $3200 after taxes. Now, I know most people are either strongly AGAINST, or strongly FOR this sub-branch of Dell. Personally, I don't have a problem with Dell.

Some Cons that I have noted are:
Weight: 9.39lbs (Without battery)
Support: Apparently sucks.
Over Priced: Yes, I know they are over priced however I get a good financing deal from my work if I buy from dell.
Battery Life: Everyone claims it different, an average would be about 3 hours.

So, enlighten me.. Is it worth it? And before you post "ALI3NWAR3S IS [email protected]" please find some evidence to support your opinion.[/QUOTE]

I don't need to provide evidence that is sucks, because it sucks regardless of what you think. I can go buy an ASUS or MSI gamingtop for $1,500 cheaper, and have it be better than that piece of plastic paperweight you want to buy.

Pros: They look cool.

Cons: For the same amount of money you'd spend on an Alienware, I could build you a computer that's twice as good.

[quote name='Ziek`']Pros: They look cool.

Cons: For the same amount of money you'd spend on an Alienware, I could build you a computer that's twice as good.[/QUOTE]

2nd that

[quote name='Ziek`']Pros: They look cool.

Cons: For the same amount of money you'd spend on an Alienware, I could build you a computer that's twice as good.[/QUOTE]

They don't even look that good.

Get MSI the MSI i got cost $1850 and a equivalent Alien ware is $2900.