`Josh

Upgrading my laptop

Hey, I'm trying to upgrade my ram, and if really needed, upgrade my graphics card or HD Space so it's more like a gaming computer.

I want to know how much ram I can get and how to put it into my laptop safely without destroying anything.
I looked up how many spaces I have left for RAM and this is what I got:
[img]http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3121/4e62a9c78e564964b1ef042.png[/img]
My Graphics are also there so [MENTION=28]Harley Quinn[/MENTION] maybe you could help me and see if this is good, also link me to some good things and give me information of how much ram I can add and stuff like that, I'm also running low on Hard Drive space so I would probably need some more of that, probably a TB if that's not too expensive and easy to install. Reply to this and tell me if you need more information, if you do I'll be more than happy to give it to you.

well it can have an other 4gb ram but 4gb is fine i think and that graphics card looks like a 1gb, so what processor do you have???

Hey faggot.

Installing a Hard Drive is quite easy on a laptop. There should be a thing that you push to pop off parts of the bottom and you should be able to see the HDD. Just remember you can't have more than 1 in at a time more than likely so you can't transfer files.

Your graphics are more than likely on board and wont be able to be changed.

No idea on how to install RAM on a laptop but it should be easy and pop right in, just make sure you stand on tile and touch like a door knob beforehand.

Graphics are most likely CPU integrated graphics, so you can't change that. For RAM, make sure to buy laptop memory. For installing, there might be some tutorials on Internet explaining where it's located.

[MENTION=28]Harley Quinn[/MENTION] still? :)

You have an open slot, just add another 4GB 1333 Mhz card. Make sure that you do buy laptop memory, because Desktop memory is completely different;

Laptop GPUs and usually integrated, which means they are soldered onto the motherboard itself, and unless you have extensive training in that stuff, I really don't suggest adding/changing out the graphics card, besides, the 6320m isn't that horrible of a card for a laptop.

Laptop hard drives are (normally) 3.5" inches, so any run of the mill harddrive from like WD, Samsung, or any-other generic brand will do just fine. Make sure that the hard drive is impact-smart, so if you accidently drop your computer for whatever reason, you won't have a corrupted boot sector;

A terrabyte of Hard drive space (in this day of market) will cost [i]maybe[/i] $120.00, if you're lucky and can find a good one.

[quote name='Harley Quinn']You have an open slot, just add another 4GB 1333 Mhz card. Make sure that you do buy laptop memory, because Desktop memory is completely different;

Laptop GPUs and usually integrated, which means they are soldered onto the motherboard itself, and unless you have extensive training in that stuff, I really don't suggest adding/changing out the graphics card, besides, the 6320m isn't that horrible of a card for a laptop.

Laptop hard drives are (normally) 3.5" inches, so any run of the mill harddrive from like WD, Samsung, or any-other generic brand will do just fine. Make sure that the hard drive is impact-smart, so if you accidently drop your computer for whatever reason, you won't have a corrupted boot sector;

A terrabyte of Hard drive space (in this day of market) will cost [i]maybe[/i] $120.00, if you're lucky and can find a good one.[/QUOTE]

Is this it? [url]http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-ValueRam-PC3-10600-KVR1333D3S9-4G/dp/B002XN3OL4[/url] if so, RAM is cheap, lol
Also, Couldn't I just get a External Hard Drive? or would that be too much of a hassle. Also, thanks for the reply. [MENTION=28]Harley Quinn[/MENTION]

[quote name='`Josh']Is this it? [url]http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-ValueRam-PC3-10600-KVR1333D3S9-4G/dp/B002XN3OL4[/url] if so, RAM is cheap, lol
Also, Couldn't I just get a External Hard Drive? or would that be too much of a hassle. Also, thanks for the reply. [MENTION=28]Harley Quinn[/MENTION][/QUOTE]

Too much of a hassle, but then again, I'm impatient;

Yeah, RAM is generally cheap, I paid $90 for 16GB of 1600Mhz Edited by Christopher`