Sign in to follow this  
dawson12

Need help with my client im new (pi)

Question

Hey guys im not a very good coder on rsps's and i wanted to start, i downloaded a Client and source and when i go to load up the client it says "requesting title screen" then it says "connection error - retrying in) then it counts down.

So if u know what ihave to do to fix this please tell me! thanksalot guys!

1 answer to this question

Hey man, literally just started my RSPS yesterday :P (When you posted this) and figured it out on my own lol, had the same error and this is how I fixed it :3

1. Download Java Developer Kit
Link: [url]http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7u7-downloads-1836413.html[/url]

2. Go to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_07\bin

2.a: Minimize this screen

3. Take your server files (NOT the client files), all of them (Not the folder but contents inside of folder) and copy/paste them into the folder from step 2.

4. Hit compile (If there is no [u]error[/u] message, then you are good).

5. Hit run.bat in the folder from step 2 (The one you just copy/pasted too) and a black CMD window should pop up.

5. Go to your desktop and to your server client folder and hit the run.bat from that file. (Another CMD window should pop up and then a 2nd window which is your loading screen. This time instead of saying connection error, you will be taken to the login screen!)

Hope that helps and isn't too complicated! Enjoy!
~Countryboyaj

Sign in to follow this