Hydra123

how to create new .java file

Question

Hey , i was wondering how to make .java files??? i must download something to make one or what?
because there's new things im willing to add to server but need to create new .java files which seems i cannot make one via "new" >> no java file to create

thanks,

6 answers to this question

I wouldn't know as I'm just coming into coding Java but I presume that it is going to have to deal with Eclispe or whatever that program is called and some basic knowledge in java coding !

You could just go into your source, copy a .java file that is already in there, rename it, and remove the contents of it.

oO that works? thanks ^_^

[quote name='K3VIN']You could just go into your source, copy a .java file that is already in there, rename it, and remove the contents of it.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Way to point out the obvious xD

If you're in Eclipse just go to 'New', then click 'Class' then enter the package location and the name of the file.
If you're just in a folder or something, right click in the folder and click 'New' -> 'Text Document', then when you go to save the file go to 'Save As' -> 'Save as type:' then select 'All Files', then just enter the name of file you want it to be called, and put '.java' at the end.

thanks that should help also ^_^