x25xquinton

Toplist award suggestion

[CENTER][IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/25gdohc.png[/IMG]
c)
Ok so first off id like to say this: Its only gonna benefit the servers.

Ok basically with the award nominations and stuff i was thinking about a toplist award thing. Basically its quite simple. Server owners try to get there server noticed by everyone, and advertise as much as possible. Only way to do that is to get a lot of votes, so basically you need alot of players (common sense i hope). But if you dont have many votes you dont get noticed by many people, so in the end your really not gonna get that noticed. Thats why iam suggesting this, to get smaller and other servers noticed other then the big ones (ss, nr, 06, etc).

[SIZE=4][I]Idea:[/I][/SIZE]

Ok so basically every couple of days, or weeks it really doesnt matter we would have a nomination. Runelocus or a administrator or mod would pick a random server, that meets a certain requirement(Havent though of the reqs yet) but basically they pick a random server from the toplist and that meets a requirement. They announce it posting the servers links and advertisement page and etc. Along with a poll. People then go on the server and test it out and see what they think. With a certain amount of votes i think they should get a ribbon or something to be more noticed. Maybe a diff section for ribbon winners, maybe a thing on there title, anything just something to get more players to notice. Therefore helping the server increase there player count.
[SIZE=4]
[I]Flaws[/I]:[/SIZE]

As i said this helps only server owners and servers, i feel a flaw is Runelocus. By this i meen that its not helping runelocus really at all, but yet its making them do more work. Picking a server, getting the votes, possible rules and reqs, then adding the new reward. This is the only flaw i thought of atm.

I just feel that there are a lot of smaller, unknown servers that are quite good. But there player count is low as no one really knows about them. I just think this will get those type of servers more known.

Summary:

A way to get the small servers bigger, while this does put some work on Runelocus mods, admins, etc, i feel that this is a good idea to help servers out. Im sure that almost every server owner would agree and probably the players. As a server with only a few players isnt as fun as a server with alot of players. You might say go to a bigger server, well maybe they like the owner or the server itsself, idk tbh. But i just feel that this will help smaller well built servers get more known to the public therefore helping them out and increasing size.

What do you think about it?

[/CENTER]

[center][I][SIZE=4]Requirements:[/SIZE][/I]

1. Certain uptime, a server must meet a certain uptime, it would be stupid to do this on a 50% uptime server.
2. Maybe a certain of votes, ik i based the idea off of that, but any server can get like 10-15 votes.
3. Must have a webclient for easy access.
4. Auto dl cache is a must
Suggest more please.
[I][B]MUST NOT BE LEECHED (You can figure it out on this one)[/B][/I]
[/center]
[spoiler=Supports]
[quote name='Kharazi']Pretty good idea, would be awesome with a better structure. overall the idea is good.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='fatmess']support, it would be nice to see some smaller servers get recognised without paying $4000 to be on the moparscape toplist or $13534534503405 for advertising[/QUOTE]
[quote name='wolfs darker']support, thats a good way to new coders show they job without paying alot ^^[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Superaust']Support.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Whrithlin']Full support! Watching this thread.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Men dead walking']Support +1.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BZB']I support 100%.[/QUOTE]

[/spoiler] Edited by x25xquinton

Pretty good idea, would be awesome with a better structure. overall the idea is good.

[quote name='x25xquinton'][CENTER][IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/25gdohc.png[/IMG]
c)
Ok so first off id like to say this: Its only gonna benefit the servers.

Ok basically with the award nominations and stuff i was thinking about a toplist award thing. Basically its quite simple. Server owners try to get there server noticed by everyone, and advertise as much as possible. Only way to do that is to get a lot of votes, so basically you need alot of players (common sense i hope). But if you dont have many votes you dont get noticed by many people, so in the end your really not gonna get that noticed. Thats why iam suggesting this, to get smaller and other servers noticed other then the big ones (ss, nr, 06, etc).

[SIZE=4][I]Idea:[/I][/SIZE]

Ok so basically every couple of days, or weeks it really doesnt matter we would have a nomination. Runelocus or a administrator or mod would pick a random server, that meets a certain requirement(Havent though of the reqs yet) but basically they pick a random server from the toplist and that meets a requirement. They announce it posting the servers links and advertisement page and etc. Along with a poll. People then go on the server and test it out and see what they think. With a certain amount of votes i think they should get a ribbon or something to be more noticed. Maybe a diff section for ribbon winners, maybe a thing on there title, anything just something to get more players to notice. Therefore helping the server increase there player count.
[SIZE=4]
[I]Flaws[/I]:[/SIZE]

As i said this helps only server owners and servers, i feel a flaw is Runelocus. By this i meen that its not helping runelocus really at all, but yet its making them do more work. Picking a server, getting the votes, possible rules and reqs, then adding the new reward. This is the only flaw i thought of atm.

I just feel that there are a lot of smaller, unknown servers that are quite good. But there player count is low as no one really knows about them. I just think this will get those type of servers more known.

Summary:

A way to get the small servers bigger, while this does put some work on Runelocus mods, admins, etc, i feel that this is a good idea to help servers out. Im sure that almost every server owner would agree and probably the players. As a server with only a few players isnt as fun as a server with alot of players. You might say go to a bigger server, well maybe they like the owner or the server itsself, idk tbh. But i just feel that this will help smaller well built servers get more known to the public therefore helping them out and increasing size.

What do you think about it?

[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

support, it would be nice to see some smaller servers get recognised without paying $4000 to be on the moparscape toplist or $13534534503405 for advertising

support, thats a good way to new coders show they job without paying alot ^^

Thanks guys, i hope everyone else agrees. Ima add the reqs that i thnik soon

just adding some tags for bigger people to see
@joe [MENTION=10473]Anthony[/MENTION]' [MENTION=1]Ikiliki[/MENTION] [MENTION=149268]zei[/MENTION]k'

I support 100%.

[quote name='x25xquinton']just adding some tags for bigger people to see
@joe [MENTION=10473]Anthony[/MENTION]' [MENTION=1]Ikiliki[/MENTION] [MENTION=149268]zei[/MENTION]k'[/QUOTE]
[MENTION=25]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=12]Ziek`[/MENTION]

Edit: Joe is Batman now. Edited by BZB