EvolvedBlitz

Fighting

Martial Arts: Is it a good thing that should be encouraged in our society?

In many martial arts you are taught that your skills are to be used for self defense. I find it good that people should know self defense because you never know what could occur. Is it a good thing that should be encouraged in our society? Yes, to the extent that it is used for self defense.

I think it depends on your environment. If your living in NYC, with gangs and shit, then it's important to know. But people like me that don't have violence in our city, there isn't any need. In my opinion it should still be encouraged, as a way of staying fit.

From experience i can tell you that martial arts are just flashy moves and not effective in self-defense situation. I've been training Taekwondo for 2 years and got myself into a fight once and i won but i did get injured at the end and i realized that all these flashy moves and techniques are useless at the time i was 13 years old now I'm 16 and I currently do boxing and been boxing for 2 years and i can tell you for sure that Martial arts can't be compared to how effective boxing is.

[quote name='Zaichis']From experience i can tell you that martial arts are just flashy moves and not effective in self-defense situation. I've been training Taekwondo for 2 years and got myself into a fight once and i won but i did get injured at the end and i realized that all these flashy moves and techniques are useless at the time i was 13 years old now I'm 16 and I'm currently go boxing and been boxing for 2 years and i can tell you for sure that Martial arts can't be compared to how effective boxing is.[/QUOTE]

I think I would disagree with you. I have been doing Taekwondo for about 5 years now. I'm not saying either Taekwondo or Boxing is better then one another, but what I am saying it is based on how you demonstrate what you've learned throughout your training. Taekwondo is flashy moves to the ones that don't know it but it's a way of life to the ones who love doing it. Overall, I'm just disagreeing on your statement towards Taekwondo.

[quote name='K3VIN']I think I would disagree with you. I have been doing Taekwondo for about 5 years now. I'm not saying either Taekwondo or Boxing is better then one another, but what I am saying it is based on how you demonstrate what you've learned throughout your training. Taekwondo is flashy moves to the ones that don't know it but it's a way of life to the ones who love doing it. Overall, I'm just disagreeing on your statement towards Taekwondo.[/QUOTE]
I know that Martial art is the way of life the harmony and all that good stuff but what i was really talking about is effectiveness in the real life situations. I don't say that you shouldn't do Taekwondo or anything like that I'm just sharing my experience. Overall i think it should be encouraged. This would get some kids off the street and do something more productive hopefully improve some life's. Edited by Zaichis

I encourage any way of self-defense for various life situations. Not to fight, but if you are raped or someone attacks you, you will be able to defend yourself and not be injured. It can also give self-esteem to people since they'll feel less weak.

Answer to your question is both yes and no.

No, in being everyone should be there own man, which is why there is so much emphasis on the 2nd amendment to bare arms, training submissively under a "master" for so long is very destructive to a mans health and is a waste of ones time pursuing the American Dream. Unless you are being paid by this person to "train" martial arts is very very bad.

Yes, in being that martial arts is a form of learning to respect the "man" to be dominated and learn to be submissive to your controller, but not to be submissive to anyone other than
your dominator. So in a society were the Banks control everything and want control Martial Arts is a great way to indirectly control populace.

Its honestly a huge fucking brainwasher look at the countrys which made them there people get bent over by there "masters" and take it like its gods gift

You should only fight when you're doing it for fun like doing MMA, Boxing, Martial Arts and so on and you should only use it to defend your self you shouldn't go around picking fights with people. Edited by BZB

[quote name='BZB']You should only fight when you're doing it for fun like doing MMA, Boxing, Martial Arts and so on and you should only use it to defend your self you shouldn't go around picking fights with people.[/QUOTE]
Who does that? because you get sued and you get huge fines.