Time

Laptop heat issue

[quote name='Arix']Amd works not as efficient as intel, therefore it heats up faster <.<[/QUOTE]

It works fine, Intel is better CPU-wise. And it's supposed to heat up.

[quote name='Time']Hey guys, I've got a question. My laptop has been getting really hot recently. Not sure why, as the only thing I've been doing is watching youtube videos, and occasionally playing on Minecraft. It got so bad that just a few minutes ago, when I went to eat some food for 30 minutes, I came back to my room and it smelled like something had been burnt. I just left my laptop on my bed with RuneLocus open.

Any suggestions/tips on how to keep my laptop cool, and what the burning smell came from?[/QUOTE]
Did you leave it on a blanket? Because the bottom of the laptop is where the fan is at. Which in this case is a result of your blanket covering the fan allowing it to over heat. Try using it on a table or something :D

[quote name='Arix']Amd works not as efficient as intel, therefore it heats up faster <.<[/QUOTE]

If both of you stated specific architectures, then I'm sure there'd be benchmarks we could look at and see, but as it stands, just the name "AMD" doesn't mean that it's not efficient or that it heats up faster. Oh, and lack of efficiency doesn't make it hotter. A lower clocked CPU isn't as efficient, but it's cooler.

[quote name='Josh']If both of you stated specific architectures, then I'm sure there'd be benchmarks we could look at and see, but as it stands, just the name "AMD" doesn't mean that it's not efficient or that it heats up faster. Oh, and lack of efficiency doesn't make it hotter. A lower clocked CPU isn't as efficient, but it's cooler.[/QUOTE]It does, if it works more efficiently, it has to work less
thus generate less heat. What you say is because the lower clocked CPU does less than a high-clocked CPU. SO it generates less heat.

[quote name='Arix']It does, if it works more efficiently, it has to work less
thus generate less heat. What you say is because the lower clocked CPU does less than a high-clocked CPU. SO it generates less heat.[/QUOTE]

What I am saying is that you aren't citing specific architectures and just saying AMD is worse than Intel and it gets hotter. My friends Sandy Bridge runs at about the same clock speed of my Phenom II, but his runs hotter. There are several factors that play into this though, so it's not just the CPU.

One of my friend also faced such kind of problem in their laptop and after checking laptop the problem is in Battery. So I also suggest you to check that your battery working properly or not. If it is so then it might be problem with RAM or Hard drive.