Sign in to follow this  
winK

Unpacking Packed Data Files For Matrix 704

Question

There are many packed data files that I want to edit like NPC spawns, drops, bonuses, item bonuses, definitions, shops, etc. How do I unpack these files? Or figure out how to make an unpacked one for the server to pack it itself?

3 answers to this question

i dont think you can.. if u have an unpacked file and theres nothing in there, then u cant make changes to the things that exist exactly (like npcspawns) but u can start over new with whatever u put in there. OR u can keep whats there and just add to it (without editing whats there) its kinda hard to explain..
also, titan posts matrix things like unpackedNPCDefinitions because without things like that, ude have to start over, unable to edit it.

sorry if i dont explain it well

[quote name='quynguyen14']i dont think you can.. if u have an unpacked file and theres nothing in there, then u cant make changes to the things that exist exactly (like npcspawns) but u can start over new with whatever u put in there. OR u can keep whats there and just add to it (without editing whats there) its kinda hard to explain..
also, titan posts matrix things like unpackedNPCDefinitions because without things like that, ude have to start over, unable to edit it.

sorry if i dont explain it well[/QUOTE]

Look at the reader and reverse it... SUPPPERRR easy to unpack packed files.

Yes, it's really easy. Lol at the second post saying it's not possible though.

You have two choices.
1. You can do what I did, which is just in the reader, put a BufferedWriter, and every line that it reads out something, it'll look like:
int blah = buffer.getShort() & 0xFFFF
Just add something like
writer.write("blah: "+blah);

The issue, is getting them repacked lol

Sign in to follow this