Sign in to follow this  
Stxalth

How can I fix this?

Question

Okay hey, I'm recently trying to add a cape to my server. I got the ".mqo" and changed it into a ".dat" and added it to "Models" folder in Client (Wear/drop models). So I add ints to it in "Class8.java" and I think I did it right. Next I inserted the cape into "Items.cfg" and made the stats and stuff. Lastly I put the model into "Item.java" under the 'Cape' section right next to the 'Owner Cape'. I Compiled everything and then got this error:

Starting System...
Enforcing client requirement.
Settings Loaded Seccessfully!
Online.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1
3676 "
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at ItemHandler.loadItemList(ItemHandler.java:289)
at ItemHandler.<init>(ItemHandler.java:173)
at server.main(server.java:123)
I was wondering if anyone knew if the ints were wrong or what I did wrong, Thanks!

3 answers to this question

[quote name='Stxalth']Okay hey, I'm recently trying to add a cape to my server. I got the ".mqo" and changed it into a ".dat" and added it to "Models" folder in Client (Wear/drop models). So I add ints to it in "Class8.java" and I think I did it right. Next I inserted the cape into "Items.cfg" and made the stats and stuff. Lastly I put the model into "Item.java" under the 'Cape' section right next to the 'Owner Cape'. I Compiled everything and then got this error:

Starting System...
Enforcing client requirement.
Settings Loaded Seccessfully!
Online.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1
3676 "
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
at ItemHandler.loadItemList(ItemHandler.java:289)
at ItemHandler.<init>(ItemHandler.java:173)
at server.main(server.java:123)
I was wondering if anyone knew if the ints were wrong or what I did wrong, Thanks![/QUOTE]

Find the line that you added "13676 " and remove that trailing space after it.

Well "13676" is the Model ID and I placed that in the mentioned files. How do I know which one?

[quote name='Stxalth']Well "13676" is the Model ID and I placed that in the mentioned files. How do I know which one?[/QUOTE]

Whichever one has a white space following it search:
[CODE]
"13676 "
[/CODE]

The reason you are getting that error is because your client converts that String value into a number, although in your case if you have provided an illegal String to convert (it contains white spaces), so NumberFormatException is thrown.

Sign in to follow this