Sign in to follow this  
Xyohh

Classic [317] - Aero

[CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2n7m4c4.png[/IMG]

Hi all. You may not know me, you may know me, but it doesn't matter. I do have plenty of knowledge about Java and its works. Not going to go in depth about myself, so I'm going to go straight to the point.

[B]What is Aero?[/B]

Aero will be or is GOING to be a RSPS that will focus entirely on stability, and order. Let me define order for you. In this case, when we mean order, we mean overall, the server will be nicely organized, it'll be fun, classic, and fitting to the players needs. It is NOT going to be a remake of RS2006, or any other version. It's not going to be from scratch either. We're going to make it from a blank base, so it'll practically have nothing on it. We've already started working on it, so we don't plan to stop, but once we are finished, it'll be an amazing server (in our eyes, it's all going to be on your opinion), and after it's at its prime, we'll release it, for others to use. It's not going to be a popular base probably, seeing as how it's a 317 that doesn't load a 600+ cache.

[B]Information[/B]

Aero will be from a blank base, in this case, a blank Delta, and when we mean blank, there is practically nothing on it. It still has the class files, with everything else, but we will have to put a LOT of work into it to get it up to speed with other servers. THEN, we can start working on its features, and everything else. Combat will also be improved, however, on a source like Delta, that is hard in some cases, but we can get it done. We will have to crash-patch it and fix lags and whatnot, but it'll pass. Its game client will be a blank 317 client that loads a 377 cache and GUI. We will also focus more on stability, so dead codes and more will be removed.

[B]Programs and Software We Will Be Using[/B]

I don't see how this matters, but if it fits your interests; we will be using Notepad++ (it is absolutely amazing), Eclipse IDE EE for Java Developers (absolutely fucking amazing as well), and NetBeans, with several editors for our caches. A VPS will not be used, and we know it will definitely improve our server ten-fold, but we do not have the funds for it, so donations are accepted. We have not set up a PayPal, etc to be used for donations, so that will be updated when available.

[B]Development Team[/B]

I am not going to recruit anymore people, I already have my development team. They are all people I know from before I came to Moe-par-scapezorz. If you guys DO know this game: Endless Online, you'll have an idea of how I came to be. I started working on EO Private Servers, so I guess that's how I got my permanent team together. We moved from EO to RSPS since it got shut down quite some time ago, so we no longer had the updated caches and codes to be able to keep the server from crashing multiple times. Anyways, the point is: no one else is working on it with me from Runelocus. I, Xyohh, will stand as Lead Developer of the Aero Works © (soon to be our website name) development team.

[B]Updates[/B]
[SPOILER=Updates]
2/27/12 - Worked on revising the major classes - process, clienthandler, client, and server. We also removed plenty of dead code (100+) to reserve the ability of having maximum stability available to Aero.

2/28/12 - Worked on the process class some more to extend it, and to reduce lags through the server. Might stop with it for now, it seems okay to run with. Client class has been cleaned up. I also took Graham's EventManager, and "implemented" that into the server as well.[/SPOILER]

Updates will be updated throughout. I'll post again whenever a new update has been added.

[B]Media[/B]

This media section will have pictures, and videos.

[SPOILER=Pictures]Pictures to be added soon.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Videos]Videos to be added soon.[/SPOILER]

As this thread becomes updated, I'll also post again to inform everybody that it has been updated. You may also follow me on updates by adding my skype: DEVBLUURD.

If you wish to support us, please thank the thread OR put this image into your signature, doesn't really matter:

[code]http://i40.tinypic.com/2n7m4c4.png[/code]

Thanks for reading, and hopefully, I'll get this done :(

P.S. CBF to put up pictures now. It's late, so tomorrow I'll put some up.[/CENTER] Edited by Xyohh

I'm interested in seeing photos/videos, but good luck.

[quote name='z0mg beast']Good luck. But what process class are you talking about lol?[/QUOTE]

Process class, as in Process.java with that shit Kernel.

[quote name='CodyV20']I'm interested in seeing photos/videos, but good luck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Photos and videos will be up tomorrow.

[quote name='Xyohh']Process class, as in Process.java with that shit Kernel.

Thanks. Photos and videos will be up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Best of luck, I am interested in this project.

[quote name='DanV2']Best of luck, I am interested in this project.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your support.

[quote name='EvolvedBlitz']Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[quote name='blaf80']Good luck! :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you :)

UPDATE: Unfortunately, my computer that had the project files with the base and deobfuscated client has crashed, and I have to recover everything. I'm currently posting this from my laptop, and my team is currently awaiting assignments, so I'll post again when I get the files back, so I can put pictures up.

Sign in to follow this