Sign in to follow this  
shadowdorothy

So I'm just getting started.

So this is my first time programming and making a Pserver or any of this Jazz. And I have some questions as a noobie, of course.

First off, besides basic, what is a good programming language for a beginner? I know a little VB and Basic, but not much else.

Second, where can I get runescapes actual source code? For those interested I have no intention of putting up a Pserver exactly like RS. I just want to start with a premade source code that's not even 1/10 off the mark, and work from there, so I can make a game close to RS, but not exactly alike.

Third, what tools, if any, can help me turn the source code towards 8-bit style game play?

Four, what is a good image editor to turn stuff 8-bit? Paint? Gimp? Photoshop? Sumo?

Five, I suppose you see where I am going with this now aren't you? What would I use to change the back ground to a 3d style 8-bit?

Six, yes I like 8-bit.

Seven, what tools are easy for a beginner?

Eight, are RSC client and tools that much different from current RS tools?

Thank you for reading. If you have any suggestions for a beginner please tell me.

u cant get rs's source code and if u had it ud be in some big trouble. look up java tutorials on youtube and use deltaclean as your starting base and go from there

Well

#1 I would suggest start off with c++ i jumped in straight to java cuz rsps is java :D!

#2 You can find a delta source which is suggested its a base of the source and you can work off from there ^^

#3 I dont think there arent any tools i like 8bit too i feel you :D

#4 Adobe Or Photo Shop Ftw :]

#5 Have No idea ^^

#6 Interesting :D

#7 Dev C++ Or Just Notepad

#8 Way Different they basicly changed everything :o!

Welcome to the community of runelocus :D

I am noob koer

- Welcome :D See you around!

Starting with C++ is a bad idea, since it is a more complicated language than Java and requires understanding of pointers and memory allocation/deallocation. Java is a great beginners language, as well as some scripting/programming languages like python.

Starting with C++ is a bad idea, since it is a more complicated language than Java and requires understanding of pointers and memory allocation/deallocation. Java is a great beginners language, as well as some scripting/programming languages like python.

As Trey said, learning Java would likely be the best way to go as a beginner. Learning from the actual Java site, to start with, would be a smart move.

As long as you learn from someone/somewhere that knows what they're talking about, you're in the safe zone. Don't rely on RSPS tutorials to teach you what you need to know.

As Trey said, learning Java would likely be the best way to go as a beginner. Learning from the actual Java site, to start with, would be a smart move.

As long as you learn from someone/somewhere that knows what they're talking about, you're in the safe zone. Don't rely on RSPS tutorials to teach you what you need to know.

Or people from RSPS for that matter. 95% of the "great coders" of the RSPS communities are nothing more than idiots with too much practice.

Or people from RSPS for that matter. 95% of the "great coders" of the RSPS communities are nothing more than idiots with too much practice.

Very true.

Thank you.

where can I get this delta source code?

And where should I learn Java from?

Thank you.

where can I get this delta source code?

And where should I learn Java from?

Use the search bar as far as delta goes. I'd learn the basics from here:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17409_01/javase/tutorial/

Start with this: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17409_01/javase/tutorial/java/nutsandbolts/index.html