Toxicturn

Why is it easier to believe in "The God" rather then gods like Odin/Zeus?

Why is it easier to believe in "The God" rather then gods like Odin, Zeus, and Poseidon?
Today in school we're "learning" about Christianity (Learning in quotes, because our teacher is obviously trying to convert us with bias videos) and someone asked about the other gods, and he immediately said "They don't exist.", yet says that "The God" is debatable. Why is this?
Just wondering what Runelocus thinks :]

[quote name='Toxicturn']Why is it easier to believe in "The God" rather then gods like Odin, Zeus, and Poseidon?
Today in school we're "learning" about Christianity (Learning in quotes, because our teacher is obviously trying to convert us with bias videos) and someone asked about the other gods, and he immediately said "They don't exist.", yet says that "The God" is debatable. Why is this?
Just wondering what Runelocus thinks :][/QUOTE]

Before I go on in my opening argument 1 question...

Private or Public school? If private, is it a religious private school (I.e: Christian)?

[quote name='Zykev2']Before I go on in my opening argument 1 question...

Private or Public school? If private, is it a religious private school (I.e: Christian)?[/QUOTE]
Public - apparently the law doesn't apply to our teacher, I'm thinking of complaining.

Surely they don't exist but you have to realize that we know more a lot more about the world than they did BC times. Modern day it's only logical that those kinds of gods do not exist, as for Christianity being plausible I really have no idea.

[quote name='Epsilon']Surely they don't exist but you have to realize that we know more a lot more about the world than they did BC times. Modern day it's only logical that those kinds of gods do not exist, as for Christianity being plausible I really have no idea.[/QUOTE]
But why is "The god" more believable then other gods, their essentially the same thing, the only difference being the amount of believers, "The god" having more.

Because I know in my heart TFSM is the one and only god that can guide me to Pastaah

Two things

Report your teacher, if ignored contact the ACLU.

Secondly, because it's easier to believe in a god than it is to think for yourself.

[quote name='Toxicturn']But why is "The god" more believable then other gods, their essentially the same thing, the only difference being the amount of believers, "The god" having more.[/QUOTE]
I don't know, what you're asking is impossible to answer because it's all based on opinion. People choose to believe what they want unless they are in a strict government that they are forced to believe in a certain god.

God is an image people get in their imagination of the helper who is there to protect them. According to me, it's not a physical person, it's different for every person. Some may call him a spirit, some may tell it's Jesus's father, etc. It's an interpretation of each person, who is different and will just give them hope in their life when they get either obstacles or hard moments. Those who don't believe in "God" aren't stupid people or such, they just have a different way of giving theirselves hope and can even get a friend who doesn't exist to confess or tell them their problems.

This is different for everyone and it's the way I think it must be; believe in what you want (God, family, Jesus, etc).

‎"You can tell you've created god in your own image when it turns out that god hates all the same people you do". -Anne Lamatt

I desagree with you Epsilon.

[quote name='Epsilon']you have to realize that we know more a lot more about the world than they did BC times.[/QUOTE]

Humans are ignorant. Think about it.

We can't specifically prove how the universe was even made. Neither could people 2,000 years before our time. In relativity, we don't know much more.

How can we be sure that we know "a lot more" about "the world"? In 2,000 years, will the people of that age think of us as equals with that of the people 2,000 years before our time?