Sign in to follow this  
Rich

Bomb threat at a High School in my city. (TODAY)

NOTE: This isn't my school, but the second out of the two High School's in my city.

[spoiler=click here to see everything]The article is here, if you'd rather read it on the website.
[url]http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/dec/01/classes-canceled-free-state-high-school-because-bo/?breaking[/url]

Free State High School was evacuated and all classes are canceled Thursday because of a bomb threat.

According to Julie Boyle, district spokeswoman, Lawrence police are at the school and are investigating. The bomb threat was in writing and was found this morning, Boyle said.

Free State high bomb threat

Free State High School was evacuated and all classes are canceled Thursday because of a bomb threat. According to Julie Boyle, district spokeswoman, Lawrence police are at the school and are investigating. The bomb threat was in writing and was found this morning, Boyle said. Enlarge video
The district enacted its Crisis Response Plan, Boyle said this morning, and families were being notified that classes for the 1,502 Free State students had been canceled for the day. In addition, students who ride buses were taken home by bus.

The Lawrence Indoor Aquatic Center, which is adjacent to Free State, was evacuated at 8:30 a.m. About 20 people were in the pool at the time, and they were instructed to leave immediately.

The pool will be closed indefinitely, said Lori Madaus, aquatics supervisor for the city.

Lawrence police were notified about 7:46 a.m. about the threat, said Sgt. Matt Sarna of the department's public affairs office.

"All students and faculty were safely evacuated from the building as a precautionary measure," Sarna said.

Colin O’Neal, a junior, had shown up for school a few minutes before 9:05 a.m. — just in time for his AP History class to begin — and quickly began wondering why his idling Ford Explorer Sport was one of only about a dozen cars in the parking lot.

He’d left home about 8:45 a.m., where he hadn’t yet received any notification in any official capacity that school had been canceled.

“I’ll probably just go home and play Skyrim,” he said, before driving off.

About one hour and 45 minutes after the official start of school Thursday, an automated messaging system recording from principal Ed West went out to parents notifying them for the first time of the bomb threat and that more information would be released later today about practices and school on Friday. West mentioned "technical problems" and "message glitches" were to blame for the late notice to parents.

Alex Green, a junior, said he had been told to leave by a school security guard, and then he gathered outside with friends as they waited to find out what was going on.

"It was a little chaotic. He just said 'go home.'"

Green wasn't worried about it when he was told to leave. "I assumed it was a gas leak or something, so I just went home."

Police urged anyone with information about the bomb threat to call the police department, 832-7650 or Douglas County Crime Stoppers, 843-TIPS (8477). Crime Stoppers does not subscribe to caller ID, and all callers remain anonymous. Tips to the Crime Stoppers hotline can lead to an award of up to $1,000.

More on this story as it develops.

Copyright 2011 The Lawrence Journal-World. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. We strive to uphold our values for every story published.[/spoiler]

/discuss

You live in Lawrence? That seems normal in Lawrence. :s

P.S. Fuck this bomb, I'ma go home and play some Skyrim, bitches.

P.S.S. Inb4christianmomblamesOsama.

Not that big of a deal, happens all the time now a days. There was about 7 bomb threats in 2 weeks to all the High schools, and middle schools in our county a couple years ago.

I think that Obama is behind this

[quote name='2kbarrows']You live in Lawrence? That seems normal in Lawrence. :s.[/QUOTE]Lol, this isn't very noraml in lawrence... however one of the Jr. Highs (now called middle schools) had a bomb threat but it doesn't happen all the time, and yeah I live in Lawrence. Umadbro? :p
Btw it was probably some senior that did this because he wanted to stay home and play video games or some shit lol.
inb4thebombsquad Edited by Rich

[quote name='PvM_Naughty`']Lol, this isn't very noraml in lawrence... however one of the Jr. Highs (now called middle schools) had a bomb threat but it doesn't happen all the time, and yeah I live in Lawrence. Umadbro? :p
Btw it was probably some senior that did this because he wanted to stay home and play video games or some shit lol.[/QUOTE]

I lived in Lawrence when I was a child. It looked like a good place to bomb.

niggas live in an all white community or something? L2 Ghetto school

[quote name='2kbarrows']I lived in Lawrence when I was a child. It looked like a good place to bomb.[/QUOTE]:L.... I highly doubt you are talking about the lawrence that I live in... "Location:Small town in Brazil."

[quote name='Zykev2']niggas live in an all white community or something? L2 Ghetto school[/QUOTE]This aint an all white community... lmfaooooo far from it.

[quote name='PvM_Naughty`']This aint an all white community... lmfaooooo far from it.[/QUOTE]

Explains a LOT.

[quote name='PvM_Naughty`']:L.... I highly doubt you are talking about the lawrence that I live in... "Location:Small town in Brazil."[/QUOTE]

Just because I live in Brazil doesn't mean I haven't in the U.S. I lived in Lawrence for 1 year...

[quote name='2kbarrows']Explains a LOT.

Just because I live in Brazil doesn't mean I haven't in the U.S. I lived in Lawrence for 1 year...[/QUOTE]Are you being serious? And I'm saying I think there's more then 1 Lawrence, so idk if you're talking about the same one. :p