wynd20

why cant i turn on a server

Question

every time i click turn on server a box just shows up and dissipears but some times it just says unknown allot. this bothers me because i cant make a private server if all the servers i try i cant run offline if any 1 can help me ty, plz help

6 answers to this question

i fixed the disspearing problem but this happened and it still doesnt work any thoughts[ATTACH=CONFIG]3345[/ATTACH] thanks

General RSPS is NOT a help section. Moved.

You either don't have java installed or you have to edit your environmental variables

Go to whatever batch file you use to run. Right click, edit. Notepad should show up with the code. Here's a question:

1) Which JDK do you have? (If you do not have jdk1.7.0, I suggest changing: "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin\java.exe" and renaming it to: "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk*.*.*\bin\java.exe" [Replace the *'s with the your jdk version])

If that's not the case, try changing: "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin\java.exe" to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin\java.exe"

If you're still having problems, download the latest JDK here:
[url]http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u29-download-513648.html[/url]

If I'm totally off on this one, which I think I am, then tell me. Hope it helped.