PI Coder

Were can i see models?

Question

Idk nothing about models so please be easy on me.
I know that sprites are located in the cache or client etc but were are the models?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Models should be in the client.

Raw folder in PI I think if thats what your using, client sided.

You can't view the models themselves, they are not images but actually 3D models, so you would need to download a program that can open them (such as Metasequoia, which is what many customs items are designed in, or RsModel Viewer).

[quote name='Mr 39531']Raw folder in PI I think if thats what your using, client sided.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's normally like that for some custom items. The models are saved as modelID.dat (the model ID is a number). If you open ItemDef_2.java and search for that model ID you can find the 'ints' for the item, these deal with things like name, examine info, right-click options and also make sure they're the right size and stuff. (Though there probably won't be ints for [I]every[/I] model ID).

To add new models, just snoop around in the [U][URL="http://www.runelocus.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?39-Models"]models[/URL][/U] section for compatible models for your server. You will notice the releases include the 'ints' which are copied to ItemDef_2.java and a download link for the model itself, which is the .dat file that goes in with the rest (usually client\cache\raw\). After compiling and restarting the client you will be able to spawn these items. But they will need to be configured server-side too..

Thanks All but i cant open them.
In what program am i suppose to open them to mabey change colour etc?
Or do i need to download a specific program designed just for models?

Ive seen some people with a program like that.