Zykev2

PSU, Motherboard, or Graphics card Malfunction? [URGENT]

[quote name='Zykev2']So i got an update there was a switch behind my psu which was set to 115 i flipped it to 230 and it runs nut no lights nor bios beeps come on and no display but fans and everything are running. Could something havr blown while i was running my turbofan?[/QUOTE]

That's for the different voltages. For the US, it's 115. I believe you would use the 230 in Europe. So no, it won't work on 230 ;)

[quote name='Toonshorty']You didn't flick that switch while it was running did you?

If you move that switch while the PSU is running then they usually blow up into a million pieces.

If the fans are running then it appears there is power. I have a feeling it might be the motherboard more than anything.[/QUOTE]

No the thing was unplugged, and ouch thats scary if its a motherboard :/ but yeah the lights dont come on and the power button diesnt work if i try to shut it off i have to pull the plug from the back

[quote name='Zykev2']No the thing was unplugged, and ouch thats scary if its a motherboard :/ but yeah the lights dont come on and the power button diesnt work if i try to shut it off i have to pull the plug from the back[/QUOTE]

The power button is hooked up to the motherboard. Are you holding the button down for 7 seconds? If so I have a feeling it may be the motherboard.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

[quote name='Toonshorty']The power button is hooked up to the motherboard. Are you holding the button down for 7 seconds? If so I have a feeling it may be the motherboard.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yeah definately hilding it down for 7 seconds youre right about the 115 volt thing because the blue light comes on but again it just powers down after a couple seconds the only time fans run and stuff is at the 230 volt

Actually have you removed the 24 pin and 4 pin cables from the motherboard and plugged them back in? Loose/broken 4 pin can cause problems.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I will if you can give me an idea where it is :3 lol

Theres a main cable that leads from the psu theres a rather long coord and a small four segment coord that plugs into the motherboard kind of close to the processor is that it?

[quote name='Zykev2']Theres a main cable that leads from the psu theres a rather long coord and a small four segment coord that plugs into the motherboard kind of close to the processor is that it?[/QUOTE]

Just replug all the cords leading to the mobo ;)

True ill go plug everything

[quote name='Zykev2']True ill go plug everything[/QUOTE]

Be sure you're properly grounded, though. If you throw a spark while touching the mobo, you can be damn sure everything is fucked.