Zykev2

PSU, Motherboard, or Graphics card Malfunction? [URGENT]

My computer has been running magnificent today...First off let me give you some background information

1) Every now and then (Not too often but it does occasionally happen) I'll get the BSOD, and it just restarts my computer and everything works normally, no big deal.

2) Sometimes while I'm playing runescape my computer will totally freeze up for about 5-20 seconds and resume again like normal

3) I checked the temperature on my graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS) and it was 80C. I turned on a turbofan in the back of my computer and it lowered it to about 74C which I left on for a while but I turned it off because its annoying.)

Okay so I wanted to see if the graphics card fan was still spinning and it was but all of asudden the computer just shut off (I saw a VERY tiny wire fall down from somewhere then it shut off but idk if it had anything to do with it).

[b]THE PROBLEM[/b]

Everytime I try to turn it on it will power up for maybe 2-3 seconds then shut off (The light will stay on but fans and everything will power down). Then a very high pitched noise comes from the Power supply unit (i'm guessing).

Now I was playing with the coord for the PSU (That plugs into the motherboard) and took the small 4 pronged segment out and it booted up once. I was like ^_^ but hasn't happened since...

Any solutions/suggestions ITS URGENT thanks :).

Okay so I've read around and now I'm almost positive its my Power supply unit.

I have an old ZU600W PSU
[img]http://www.jinco.com/shop/images/ZU-600W.jpg[/img]

Sounds like you have a high pitch voiced 10 year in your power supply.

[quote name='2uber4u']Sounds like you have a high pitch voiced 10 year in your power supply.[/QUOTE]

Shut the fuck up nigger, if you don't have anything productive to say leave the thread.

[quote name='Zykev2']Shut the fuck up nigger, if you don't have anything productive to say leave the thread.[/QUOTE]

Anyways, this is a custom made computer?

[quote name='Zykev2']Shut the fuck up nigger, if you don't have anything productive to say leave the thread.[/QUOTE]The kid's a post whore? What do you expect from a 12 year old post whore?

[quote name='2uber4u']Anyways, this is a custom made computer?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I built it about 5 years ago.

[quote name='Zykev2']Yes, I built it about 5 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Erm. Built 5 years ago. That might be the problem... It's getting old? o_0 I usually open up my computer and get a Q-Tip, and clean around my Computer, and a blow dryer and bai bai teh dust bunnies.

[quote name='PvMNaughty']The kid's a post whore? What do you expect from a 12 year old post whore?[/QUOTE]

Trying to fit in with the community eh? This post wasn't productive either. You can't just say everyone is 12. I'm 13, idiot. Edited by 2uber4u

Unscrew the area where the fan is, and maybe you can suck up some dust. My computer always froze when I played RuneScape, and there was a huge piece of dust in the way from the fan.

[quote name='Dean']Unscrew the area where the fan is, and maybe you can suck up some dust. My computer always froze when I played RuneScape, and there was a huge piece of dust in the way from the fan.[/QUOTE]

The fans are working fine, that was my original suspision but the main PSU fan (as well as my GPU, CPU, and other fans) plus the Turbo fan on my PSU works great. Plus I think that if it was still an overheating problem it would power up for atleast 10 seconds :p.