penzances

How do i make my own private sever

Question

i clicked on the home page link but it keeps taking me to the forums please help me

10 answers to this question

what do u mean
u want help to make a rsps dont u?
so if u click a home page tht doesnt mean u made a rsps lol

no theres a link on the home page 2 make ur on privite sever sorry forgot to say that

oh tht it suppose to bring u here they mean tht u can get help from this forum by asking people how ot make a rsps dude

Smart, but he asked that to you so you have to awnsser it!!!
Tell me please i wanna know it too!

[url]www.runelocus.com[/url],
their is guides everywere

The first thing you need is a server: [URL="http://www.runelocus.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?21-RuneScape-Private-Servers"]Go here to download one![/URL]

Go into any of those sub-categories, it all depends on what you prefer to play(e.g. 317, 474, 508, 562, 614, 637).
After downloading one of those servers, just go look up tutorials on how to edit ports, how to add more npcs/items/quests, or something pertaining to the server.

Then you have to open up the port on which you decide to play the server on(Most people prefer to open port 43594). Type this into your web-bar(Where you type something like: www.runelocus.com)"192.168.1.1", or something similar to what I just typed.

If you don't know the account name or password you have two options: 1. To reset your router, so you can change the password and account name without having to ask.
2. Go ask your parent/guardian what the account name/password to your router is.

Once you have finished doing those you just need to allow said port through your firewall.

Go into your control panel for you computer(This is for windows, I don't think most Linux/Mac have to do this though) find "System and Security", Click on "Windows Firewall", after that click on "Advanced Settings".

After doing what I have previously typed(Do not skip anything), go into outbound connections, and make a new rule(Name it whatever you want to), I will give you a step-through of what you have to do here.

1. Click on "New Rule"
2. Where it asks "What type of rule would you like to make?", click on the option "port", after doing so click the button saying "Next >".
3. Where it says "Does this rule apply to TCP or UDP", make sure it says "TCP" and not "UDP", and where it says "Does this rule apply to all remote ports or specific remote ports?", make sure to click on the button saying "Specific remote ports:", and make the specific remote port "43594".
4. When it asks on the next page "What action should be taken when a connection matches the specified conditions?", make sure to click on "Allow the connection", then just click "Next >".
5. Just click on "Next >" on the next page.
6. Name your port, and you also have a chance to give your new rule a description(This is optional and is not needed).

That's pretty much it(except for adding a port to your router. It's different for every router). Go [URL="http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm"]here[/URL] for a small explanation on how to open ports(Or you can search google).

[B][FONT=Arial Black]Took me at least 10-15 minutes to type all this lol.[/FONT][/B]

The Community Forum is NOT a help section! Moved.