Sign in to follow this  
JustinTG

[PI] Crown change help

Question

I have a blank PI server I got, starting from complete scratch. I like the crowns on DimeScape and want them on my server, is there a way to do this and if so how?

7 answers to this question

[quote name='toxicturn']Does your client load a cache?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, I'm horrible at this, I'm new >:(

[quote name='fantity']Are you talking Mod/Admin Crowns?[/QUOTE]

Yes and how to add crowns for like.. support / donators, etc

If It does it wouldn't change if you changed the sprites in the client folder and if it doesn't then it'd change in the game.
Check your client folder for the 'sprites' folder, then for the crowns and edit them in paint or somthing

[quote name='toxicturn']If It does it wouldn't change if you changed the sprites in the client folder and if it doesn't then it'd change in the game.
Check your client folder for the 'sprites' folder, then for the crowns and edit them in paint or somthing[/QUOTE]

found it

send me the client and i can do it for you, i myself have had issues with this and just 2 days ago i have finally figured out something i havent been able to figure out for 2 weeks. I will make this plain and simple.
1.open client.java
2.search cr1
3.copy the last line and replace the number with 4 and whatever number changes, change it respectively.
4.next after you have finished searching for that search for modicon
next i will explain a little something before we go to the next step... byte0 = 1 means that when you set the player rights it will load whatever you have written
5.search "modicon" and replace what looks like::
if(byte0 == 1) {
modIcons[0].drawBackground(xPos + 1, yPos - 12);
xPos += 14;
make a new line that says::
} else if(byte0 == 4) {
"what ever you will name your crown".drawSprite(xPos + 1, yPos - 12);
xPos += 14;
for example for donator icon i named my icon donatorIcon so i would put
} else if(byte0 == 4) {
donatorIcon.drawSprite(xPos + 1, yPos - 12);
xPos += 14;
keep searching modicons till you have added "the name of your crown" and replaced drawBackground with drawSprite.
now after you are done with that double checked you have replaced all of them correctly, compile and make sure you have no errors, if you do come up with errors redo this until it works.
now for a pretty simple part.
still in client.java search "declare custom sprites"; and type::
private sprite "the name of your sprite"
mine looks like
private sprite donatorIcon;
then search "custom sprite unpacking" should be above it.
and then type::
donatorIcon = new Sprite("donatorIcon");
now compile make sure you dont have errors.
now what to do next is if you have a sprites folder go into it and add whatever sprite you want for your icon to the folder and make sure the name is::
donatorIcon.PNG
"make sure it is a .PNG file or it WILL NOT LOAD!" also make sure it is the same name as u replaced modicons[3] with.
if you dont have a sprite folder thats not in the cache then do this.
cache folder>sprites folder>add donatorIcon.PNG
save compile run and for whatever you set your rights set them to that setting and talk. should be done =] post any errors

Sign in to follow this