Sign in to follow this  
baderocks2

Help ! How To Add overload effects in fishing potion (3) in 525 server

Question

hey guys, question says it all.

how do i add overload effects for the fishing potion to make it like a overload if i drank it.

now when i click a fishing potion , it says :" unknown item id : 2438 "

my friend has his server on and fishing potion works exactly like an overload , but he won't tell me how to do it. he just told me " edit the itemdefinitions.java

please help ? i want the bonus added in the fishing potion , and i don't want it to give damage when drinking.

thanks.

and this is the code inside the itemdefinitions.java for the fishing potion :

[CODE] <examine>4 doses of fishing potion.</examine>
<id>2438</id>
<stackable>false</stackable>
<name>Fishing potion(4)</name>
<noted>false</noted>
<equipId>-1</equipId>
</itemDefinition>
<itemDefinition>
<price>
<minPrice>0</minPrice>
<maxPrice>0</maxPrice>
<normPrice>0</normPrice>
</price>
<bonus>
<int>0</int>
<int>0</int>
<int>0</int>
<int>0</int>
<int>0</int>
<int>0</int>
<int>0</int>
<int>0</int>
<int>0</int>
<int>0</int>
<int>0</int>
<int>0</int>
<int>0</int>
</bonus>[/CODE]

please reply asap. thx :) Edited by baderocks2

11 answers to this question

Edit Itemdefinitions.java? LOL.

I'm not used to 525 coding but there must be a class for Handling items actions.

If he wouldn't tell you, he is some friend eh? But anyway, you need to go to itemselect.java, in there you will find the other potions (if you have them such as regular or super types). There is also the actual level boosting done in player.java, you would need to take all the level boosting calculations from the 5 different potions and combine them into one for a working overload.

ItemSelect.java =/ I could write it out for you but you need to tell me what a Overload does, I have never worked with it, but it I assume it would be extremely easy.

[quote name='Carrscape']ItemSelect.java =/ I could write it out for you but you need to tell me what a Overload does, I have never worked with it, but it I assume it would be extremely easy.[/QUOTE]

Since your more willing to help him than me, I'll tell you what it is. You know how there is super potions (attack, strength, defense). The next level up from that was extreme potions (attack, strength, defense, range, magic) which would boost your levels a little higher but not over 140. Combining all these boosting effects into one potions was called an overload potion because it does the effects of 5 potions in one. Since he doesnt want it to do damage when used, you wont need to add the -10 every 5 seconds until 50 hp has been lost.

[quote name='Carrscape']ItemSelect.java =/ I could write it out for you but you need to tell me what a Overload does, I have never worked with it, but it I assume it would be extremely easy.[/QUOTE]

guys i dont have any itemselect.java ? wtf...

and by the way carrscape , overload makes all combat stats 120..

help ?

[quote name='Kennelz']Since your more willing to help him than me, I'll tell you what it is. You know how there is super potions (attack, strength, defense). The next level up from that was extreme potions (attack, strength, defense, range, magic) which would boost your levels a little higher but not over 140. Combining all these boosting effects into one potions was called an overload potion because it does the effects of 5 potions in one. Since he doesnt want it to do damage when used, you wont need to add the -10 every 5 seconds until 50 hp has been lost.[/QUOTE]

and dude , i dont have any itemselect.java... what am i supposed to do ?

and if possible can you write out the code for me and where to put it ?

thanks!

Overload takes you 5 * 10 HP. Then boosts (5+22% of level), Magic (+7) and Range (4-23 levels).

[quote name='banana123456']Overload takes you 5 * 10 HP. Then boosts (5+22% of level), Magic (+7) and Range (4-23 levels).[/QUOTE]

i know , but how do i do it ? what am i suppseoed to do ? i don't have itemselect.java , and can you write out the code for me and tell me where to put it plz ???

[CODE] public ItemSelect itemSelect = new ItemSelect();[/CODE]

[CODE] case 220:
/**
* Item eating, drinking, etc.
*/
itemSelect.handlePacket(p, packetId, packetSize);
break;[/CODE]

Have at it.

[quote name='Mofo'][CODE] public ItemSelect itemSelect = new ItemSelect();[/CODE]

[CODE] case 220:
/**
* Item eating, drinking, etc.
*/
itemSelect.handlePacket(p, packetId, packetSize);
break;[/CODE]

Have at it.[/QUOTE]

thanks but where do i put these 2 codes ? what folder ?

Sign in to follow this