Sign in to follow this  
Ziek`

Computer Freezing Shortly After Boot

[quote name='lukedawesome']If your pirating then why not get w7?[/QUOTE]

What i did ; ) , Hell of better for sure.

[quote name='Texeh']What i did ; ) , Hell of better for sure.[/QUOTE]

I have a legit w7

UPDATE: That did not fix it. Why? The damn thing keeps coming back. It's a corrupt registry file at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/srcfile/shell/open/command/(default). I tried to manually delete it, but it will not let me, throwing an error saying, "Unable to delete all specified values."

[quote name='Sick`']UPDATE: That did not fix it. Why? The damn thing keeps coming back. It's a corrupt registry file at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/srcfile/shell/open/command/(default). I tried to manually delete it, but it will not let me, throwing an error saying, "Unable to delete all specified values."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I doubted that would of fixed it, just reformat yo.

I've got to much shit to reformat, yo.

If it comes down to reformatting, I'll probably just take a few bucks out of my stash and by Win7 and a 1TB internal. Then format my 750GB and slave it.

I have a post on BleepingComputer in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs section. Waiting for a reply from an expert (they can only reply if they're experts ;) ) but that could be a while.

[quote name='Sick`']I've got to much shit to reformat, yo.

If it comes down to reformatting, I'll probably just take a few bucks out of my stash and by Win7 and a 1TB internal. Then format my 750GB and slave it.

I have a post on BleepingComputer in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs section. Waiting for a reply from an expert (they can only reply if they're experts ;) ) but that could be a while.[/QUOTE]

Do you get a blue screen or what?

[quote name='lukedawesome']If your pirating then why not get w7?[/QUOTE]

Well that's what I did. I just read the OT and figured he wants Vista. That's the only reason I mentioned it.

[quote name='Dean']Do you get a blue screen or what?[/QUOTE]

No, it just freezes. I have to power it off and back on for it to do anything.

[quote name='Network']Well that's what I did. I just read the OT and figured he wants Vista. That's the only reason I mentioned it.[/QUOTE]

No, I'd rather have Win7, but I'd REALLY rather be able to fix it so I don't lose anything.

[quote name='Sick`']No, it just freezes. I have to power it off and back on for it to do anything.

No, I'd rather have Win7, but I'd REALLY rather be able to fix it so I don't lose anything.[/QUOTE]

Back up what you can, you said that after 5-10 minutes it unfreezes. So slowly but surely, backup everything important. Then reformat it. You may lose stuff, but it beats buying a brand new computer.