Trey

The Basics of Java

Good job, VMED

[quote name='Trey']Good idea. Sort of like a quick summary at the end of each section?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Just like, 10 little facts you learned from the sections. Plus the exercises could just be a nice little thing to help people get into the feel of Java.

Someone should make this like a web page so people can read it offline.

Or a Application ;)

That's name just happens to be OpenJava...

regarding Big-O, you'll find that it's a notation rather than an algorithm in itself. also, it's nice to see a tutorial on Java that hasn't been written by someone with a mental age of 8, i'm impressed.

edit: add vim to text editor section plsplsplsplspls (link: [url]http://www.vim.org/[/url]) Edited by _s1gma

[quote name='_s1gma']regarding Big-O, you'll find that it's a notation rather than an algorithm in itself. also, it's nice to see a tutorial on Java that hasn't been written by someone with a mental age of 8, i'm impressed.

edit: add vim to text editor section plsplsplsplspls (link: [url]http://www.vim.org/[/url])[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeah, not too sure what happened with my wording there. I wrote this when I was 15ish, so it could definitely use some improvement in some areas.

I'll add vim for sure ha, I'm in bed right now but I can do it later.

@smudge, thanks for the sticky. I didn't want to stick it myself simply because it seems weird to sticky my own work. Seems sort of arrogant, if you get what I mean.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, keep firing away at suggestions.

Time to learn...
Challenging my fucked attention span, GO

[quote name='Trey']Thanks. Yeah, not too sure what happened with my wording there. I wrote this when I was 15ish, so it could definitely use some improvement in some areas.[/QUOTE]

to think you were my age...

[quote name='_s1gma']to think you were my age...[/QUOTE]

inorite. We chose the right path early, <3.