Trey

The Basics of Java

Even 2 years ago, you was good. now you are really good :p

Thanks for reposting Trey that will help me sometimes

[quote name='James']How do you know to use either a } or a ; at the end of a statement?[/QUOTE]

Good question, I'll go back and be more clear with that.

Essentially, every statement must end in a semicolon. Every block of code must be surrounded by brackets in some way. For every opening bracket, there must be a closing bracket.

{ } enclose the body of a class, method, control flow statement, etc.

[quote name='samuraiblood2'][spoiler=orly]Like this?[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[spoiler=Ah, I was using it wrong]wut i lub u[/spoiler]

You should do things like the Really Big Index does. By that I mean, put in like quick review(Say 1-10 quick facts you learned about in that section.), exercises, and stuff.

[quote name='l Brandon l']You should do things like the Really Big Index does. By that I mean, put in like quick review(Say 1-10 quick facts you learned about in that section.), exercises, and stuff.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. Sort of like a quick summary at the end of each section?

[quote name='Advenis']You didn't mention in Java you can only declare signed data. Other than that good job for 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mention it due to it being very insignificant to someone who's completely new to programming. I included the value ranges for each primitive type, so mentioning signed or unsigned goes without saying.

EDIT: Added a quick sentence or so mentioning it in the quick reference area. Thanks for the feedback. Edited by Trey

I'm going to keep this bookmarked in case I ever decide to venture out from web-development. Currently there's only a few languages I focus on but from my knowledge of PHP I know that the two languages have significant similarities therefore when I do decide to branch out - I'll be looking onto this for sure mate. (Chances are I'll branch out a year before I set to study it in College, Got 1/4 of a year left before I go into the next course and they still haven't given us a content table of what we'll be focussing on).

Glad you took the time and effort to re-post this. :)

[quote name='Smudge']I'm going to keep this bookmarked in case I ever decide to venture out from web-development. Currently there's only a few languages I focus on but from my knowledge of PHP I know that the two languages have significant similarities therefore when I do decide to branch out - I'll be looking onto this for sure mate. (Chances are I'll branch out a year before I set to study it in College, Got 1/4 of a year left before I go into the next course and they still haven't given us a content table of what we'll be focussing on).

Glad you took the time and effort to re-post this. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, glad I could help. If you do need anything, let me know <3.

Way better than mine lol. Deserves a sticky.

[quote name='Acrylix']Way better than mine lol. Deserves a sticky.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more, Stickied this. Surprised you didn't do it yourself Trey :D