Nat

Hacked by visiting a site

[quote name='Skiddies']it is not possible unless you accepted something, they cant hack you by visiting a website, if a java applet popped up and asked if you wanted to run Java he keylogged you. there is no other way[/QUOTE]

What he said ^..

He commented just before me lol

[quote name='0r4nge ownz']What he said ^..

He commented just before me lol[/QUOTE]

lmao, i was about to say I just said what you said but more simpler for the kiddies ;)

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive-by_download[/url]

I used to do this all the time, I keylogged tons of people and stole tons of accounts, this was before I came here. I also made phishing sites that were legit I did alot of RS hacking in the day ;)

[quote name='0r4nge ownz']You can't really get a virus/keylogger from just going onto a website from my understanding, I may be wrong though.

There is a huge thing going around, when you go onto a website it will give you a pop up (like when playing a webclient for the first time, It asks your permission to run so it can download the cache) if you click run it will download the keylogger onto your computer.
Don't fall for this.

I was watching a youtube vid, it was a give away video and he said, sub, like and go to this tinychat room, thats where I will announce the winner.
It's a clever scam, because as soon as you click the link you will get a pop up, with the java run thing, because you see it quite often(most arn't scams) people just click accept in a rush and not even realised they have downloaded a virus. The tinychat worked fine too, so it's very easy to fall for a mistake like this.[/QUOTE]

You can get a virus from visiting a site. Spyware, etc.

[quote name='Sunni']You can get a virus from visiting a site. Spyware, etc.[/QUOTE]

this is true, But even the windows firewall would catch it because its a forced download onto your computer. unless he had it disabled he would of caught it

[quote name='Skiddies']this is true, But even the windows firewall would catch it because its a forced download onto your computer. unless he had it disabled he would of caught it[/QUOTE]

I appreciate all the help and kindness but i am quite sure that there was not a pop up. It was just an image. Thats all. Nothing more.
Any idea what i can do?

[quote name='Nat']I appreciate all the help and kindness but i am quite sure that there was not a pop up. It was just an image. Thats all. Nothing more.
Any idea what i can do?[/QUOTE]

I do know some virus can be masked with such things, images, videos, etc. Which take no pop up to activate and download. They can be undetectable as well.

I recommend SuperAntiSpywareFREE edition just google it download run full scan restart computer and run again it will remove it.

[quote name='Nat']I appreciate all the help and kindness but i am quite sure that there was not a pop up. It was just an image. Thats all. Nothing more.
Any idea what i can do?[/QUOTE]

Do you have your firewall down? if so, that could have gave you a virus.
The best thing to do, get AVG and scan your computer.
Also, check your process, see if anything's running that shouldn't be or looks suspicion.