Nat

Hacked by visiting a site

This is runescape related.

I was at the grand exchange and some guy was advertising goblinscape.com
I was like, *Lol goblinscape. It is probably a fail website like webs.com*

So i typed it in and visited it. There was just simply a picture with a dog troll. You can't typ so i didn't gave my accounts name and password.
After a few minutes someone logged into my account and stole almost everything. That hijacker forgot 225k nats in the grand exchange. *lol*

Jet i lost about 80m worth of stuff. I did not know that you are able to get hacked by just visiting a site. Also, my account is very secure.
It has never been hacked since i created it, 4 years ago. I use letter and number combinations as my password.

But how was he able to hack my account just cause i visited a site? How is that fucking possible? And how can i secure my computer now? Because i also saw that he logged into my noob account, quickly after he took everything on my main. I did not download anything and i never download from any non trusted websites.

Please, any help is appreciated.

Get a virus scanner, there are plenty of free ones or pay for one. Avg is a good anti-virus scanner that you can get for free of the web, it should get rid of whatever hes done in order to infect your computer. p.s: if this doesn't work check your start-up files or download a program called webroot spysweeper which will be certain as to what has happend to your computer. (Dunno if they do trial versions tho)

In order to keep your account secure avoid visiting websites that arn't well-known or from a user that you don't know. Edited by Fire cape

[QUOTE]Please, any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Never visit sites advertised in runescape, its against the rules for your safety. Almost all those sites advertised contain viruses or key loggers that do steal your account details. There is a thread on these forums for removing keyloggers, I would recommend searching for it.

He keylogged you.

I haven't downloaded anything so how was he able to get my account password? How am i able to get a keylogger while i haven't downloaded anything?

Skiddies explanation makes more sense than mine,

Java driveby's I believe don't even require a download.

it is not possible unless you accepted something, they cant hack you by visiting a website, if a java applet popped up and asked if you wanted to run Java he keylogged you. there is no other way

You can't really get a virus/keylogger from just going onto a website from my understanding, I may be wrong though.

There is a huge thing going around, when you go onto a website it will give you a pop up (like when playing a webclient for the first time, It asks your permission to run so it can download the cache) if you click run it will download the keylogger onto your computer.
Don't fall for this.

I was watching a youtube vid, it was a give away video and he said, sub, like and go to this tinychat room, thats where I will announce the winner.
It's a clever scam, because as soon as you click the link you will get a pop up, with the java run thing, because you see it quite often(most arn't scams) people just click accept in a rush and not even realised they have downloaded a virus. The tinychat worked fine too, so it's very easy to fall for a mistake like this.