Shishir G

New Computer- Was this a good buy?

[quote name='Shishir G']I've been running it for a few days, everything seems normal, anyways, 2 years warranty from Walmart, so.... fuck yeah[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/erickmsims/wal_mart-1.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Shishir G']I bought it from WALMART.
and idk what mini Os Express Gate is... explain further? :D[/QUOTE]

It's a mini OS built into your motherboard, it has a browser and games and shit, you can run it without a HDD.

[quote name='Megak']buy more ram, otherwise you're wasting that 64-bitness[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

32-Bit would limit him to 3.5GB, usually does anyway.

He's not wasting anything, merely giving himself headroom if he wants to up his memory.

It's an OK buy, not great.

For $500 you could have built something better.

If you gave me $500 I could have built you something with:

i3-2100
4GB RAM
1TB HDD
Windows 7 x64

[url]http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/121?vs=289[/url]

You're CPU (X2 255) is blue, notice how the i3-2100 is twice as fast.

You sir can have two badges:

The "I shop at walmart because my IQ is 2" badge.

and

The "I bought a pre-built desktop... DERP" badge.

Enjoy.

[quote name='Toonshorty']Wrong.

32-Bit would limit him to 3.5GB, usually does anyway.

He's not wasting anything, merely giving himself headroom if he wants to up his memory.

It's an OK buy, not great.

For $500 you could have built something better.[/QUOTE]

Much better actually. You could have salvaged things such as your HDD, DVD drive, case of the new MB was compatable etc. which allows much more for new hardware.

[quote name='Megak']buy more ram, otherwise you're wasting that 64-bitness[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Marc']Much better actually. You could have salvaged things such as your HDD, DVD drive, case of the new MB was compatable etc. which allows much more for new hardware.[/QUOTE]

See my edit, I could have given him a processor that was 2x faster than that AMD pile of crap he's bought :L

[quote name='Megak']32 bit and 64 bit is the commands a processor will take.[/QUOTE]

you may as well just have omitted this because OP likely didn't actually want any fine grain details; you just happened to add them in, which is fine when they aren't wrong, and in your case.. that statement is wrong though probably to due to misinterpretation and the statement's ambiguousness, as i've interpreted '[i]commands[/i]' to be instructions and they certainly haven't changed size.

edit: in fact, architectural enhancements of x86-64's are listed [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64#Architectural_features"]here[/URL]. i'd sum up to say the amount of available general purpose registers and the memory address size increase, but all that matters to OP is the amount of RAM that you can utilise. Edited by _s1gma

32-bit = 3.5GB
64-bit = 17.5TB (orclose)

Max RAM amounts

You bought an acer... Ofcourse it isn't a good buy...

[quote name='Rise Against']You bought an acer... Ofcourse it isn't a good buy...[/QUOTE]

Are you mad?
I bought a 14 inch Acer Laptop for 400 dollars, it ran just about every game in a decent quality.