Dean

RuneScape Shuts Computer Down

[quote name='Dean']Can I just vacuum the fans, rather then spending some money on a whatever?[/QUOTE]

The majority of the dust will be outside the fan I assume, but I'd also suggest opening it up and checking there's none inside too. Overheating can also be caused if the fan is blocked and the air can't get out, (i.e. Speakers right next to the fan).

[quote name='Dean']Can I just vacuum the fans, rather then spending some money on a whatever?[/QUOTE]

Do exactly that. (I do mine monthly)

On the RuneScape website, tech support says that 160f is normal for a laptop. (at least a good one)

[quote name='Marcus01']Vacuum will fuck up your computer. You need the canned air its like a few dollars and its blows it.[/QUOTE]

Compressed*
I have the machine, really worth it tbh.

Have you tried playing on the lowest graphics settings? Even the worst computers can run on that. It honestly sounds more like a ventilation problem too me than a graphics card.

[quote name='Dean']On the RuneScape website, tech support says that 160f is normal for a laptop. (at least a good one)[/QUOTE]

Lol, thats one shitty temperature converter.

[quote name='Zykev2']Have you tried playing on the lowest graphics settings? Even the worst computers can run on that. It honestly sounds more like a ventilation problem too me than a graphics card.[/QUOTE]

I always run with minimum and fixed detail on RuneScape.

atm my computer sits at 80C

@samurai: I meant on the forums

80C? Averages from what I know are 50f - 150f. 150f is around 60C or so - therefore your computer is above average (by alot) on 80C.

[quote name='Smudge']80C? Averages from what I know are 50f - 150f. 150f is around 60C or so - therefore your computer is above average (by alot) on 80C.[/QUOTE]

It just lowered 10 degrees since I closed a RSPS

[quote name='Dean']It just lowered 10 degrees since I closed a RSPS[/QUOTE]

Screenshot your processes and post here. I have a feeling your CPU is being raped.