clawz

Computer build log

Claws, you see that black bit of plastic with four holes in near the middle of the motherboard - make sure you plug your 4-Pin cable from your PSU into that.

Also, as for the orange clips it looks like it should just pull left, try squeezing the bits of plastic together and pulling it left.

Claws, you see that black bit of plastic with four holes in near the middle of the motherboard - make sure you plug your 4-Pin cable from your PSU into that.

Also, as for the orange clips it looks like it should just pull left, try squeezing the bits of plastic together and pulling it left.

The mother board didnt have a 12 pin so i used the 4 pin one form the power supple :) all LED case light etc have been connected and ill try that thing with the graphic card barriers now ;)

The mother board didnt have a 12 pin so i used the 4 pin one form the power supple :) all LED case light etc have been connected and ill try that thing with the graphic card barriers now ;)

12-Pin?!

In a PC there is only 2,4,6,8 and 24-Pin connectors.

The motherboard will need a 24-Pin for the main power, it will also need a 4/8-Pin connector. Check the Power Supply manual carefully since there are two type of 8-Pin connectors (graphic cards and motherboard).

2-Pin is used as an expansion on a 6-Pin connector to make an 8-Pin.

4-Pin is used for motherboard power.

6-Pin is used for graphics cards.

8-Pin is used for motherboard power and/or graphics cards.

24-Pin is used for motherboard power.

You will need:

4-Pin

24-Pin

2x 6-Pin

Sorry i got that wront, the mother board has a 24 pin plug but the actualy cable from the power supply splits into a 4 pin and a 20 pin cable, so i put the 4 pin cable into the 4 pin slot on the other end of the mother board leaving the 20 pin dangling out

Since im posting i might aswell ask.. i have one ide connector that doesnt connect to the dvd drive or the hard drive but theres nothing connecting the dvd drive to the mother board. The hard drive has a serial ATA connector but the DVD drive just came in some bubble wrap with no instructions or cables? what do i use to connect to the motherboard?

Sorry i got that wront, the mother board has a 24 pin plug but the actualy cable from the power supply splits into a 4 pin and a 20 pin cable, so i put the 4 pin cable into the 4 pin slot on the other end of the mother board leaving the 20 pin dangling out
Don't do that...Connect the 20 pin wire into the 24 pin connector. Then look for a 4 pin connector near the CPU and plug the remaining wire there.

Don't do that...Connect the 20 pin wire into the 24 pin connector. Then look for a 4 pin connector near the CPU and plug the remaining wire there.

You dont understand, the 20 pin and 4 pin are on opposite sides of the mother board, they dont stretch far enough for both to be connected, its simply one or the other.. Can any one help with the previous question about the dvd drive

It looks like a cool computer but I don't get why you lot build computers when you can just buy one.

You dont understand, the 20 pin and 4 pin are on opposite sides of the mother board, they dont stretch far enough for both to be connected, its simply one or the other.. Can any one help with the previous question about the dvd drive

No.

There will be a 24-Pin (count the holes).

There will then be a cable with two 4-Pin cables joined, plug in one of the 4-Pin connectors into the 4-Pin plug.

You will need a 24-Pin AND a 4-Pin plugged in at the same time.

@Acrylix By building it yourself you get a better system that's faster and higher quality for less price than companies like PC World or Best Buy etc.

p1101111135.jpg

As you can see the power cable doesn't allow me to move it much.. the JPW1 socket is 24 pin and JPW2 is a 4 pin.. The actual power supply has a 20 pin and a 4 pin...

p1101111135.jpg

As you can see the power cable doesn't allow me to move it much.. the JPW1 socket is 24 pin and JPW2 is a 4 pin.. The actual power supply has a 20 pin and a 4 pin...

Are you SURE it's only 20-Pin?

Read my above post.