Sign in to follow this  
TheSickSign

Is it illegal to send people viruses?

I would like to know if it's illegal to send people viruses?

I was thinking about making a deadly viruses that will totally fuck up the computer of whoever downloads it.

I've heard that it's illegal to make viruses and send them to others.

I am sure that it's not illegal to make them as you aren't harming anyone.

But, sending it to someone is harmful if it fucks up their computer. I know a simple "Fake Virus" as people call them, that only shuts down the computer is not harmful and you won't get in trouble for that.

So I would like to know if it's illegal to actually make harmful viruses? Would you get in trouble if you make a harmful virus and not send it to someone? and last, Would you get in trouble for making a harmful virus and sending it to someone?

If you know, leave your comments below. If it is illegal, post why you think it should be illegal and should be legalized.

~TheSickSign

I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to make a virus but not distribute it, if it was to ever get found you could always say you were using it to test out security software on a Virtual PC. However sending it to others is illegal and it is possible if you get caught you could face a prison sentence and even the possibility of being prohibited from touching a PC for years to come. However I doubt you would have the intelligence or tools to make a virus as you described seeing as most security software would pick it up and slap it back in your face. To make a virus you would actually have to know how to 'program' which doesn't mean following copy and paste tutorials because quite frankly, nobody is going to spoonfeed you on how to make a virus. Even if you did manage to make a Virus you'd need a way to make it FUD. Unless you can afford $50.00+ every few weeks or so for a new FUD Crypter, you have no chance.

That's not even in the slightest details above, Too early to explain everything - I'm sure if someone such as s1gima_ or Trey were to come across this thread I'm sure they'd explain why it wouldn't be possible for you to make a virus like that.

Haha what are you going to do make a Command prompt virus? teehee:)

Well, to be honest, I kinda do know how to make a virus. All I don't know is how to make it undetectable. I've made previous viruses to test to make them undetectable. I failed. As soon as i saved it, my Avast detected it right away. :(

you going to be butraped in jail m8

What are you talking about? I have never sent anyone a virus. I have made on before to test to see if I can make it undetectable. Also, I am to young to go to jail, I am only 12.

What are you talking about? I have never sent anyone a virus. I have made on before to test to see if I can make it undetectable. Also, I am to young to go to jail, I am only 12.

Exactly, you're 12 - The 'viruses' you make are most likely screwed up Batch files that either delete system32 or Shutdown, Somebody's going to shit bricks sooooo much when there PC shut's down from a batch file ... No. Even if you're 12, a court can decide to take legal action against your parents for your retarded actions.

Exactly, you're 12 - The 'viruses' you make are most likely screwed up Batch files that either delete system32 or Shutdown, Somebody's going to shit bricks sooooo much when there PC shut's down from a batch file ... No. Even if you're 12, a court can decide to take legal action against your parents for your retarded actions.

But, who could they take legal action against my parents? They didn't teach me any of this shit. I do know how to make viruses that aren't batch files also.

Adding to Smudge

It is illegal because also you can find really sensitive info (such as credit card) or get someone's E-mail pass that might ruin his entire life which will also ruin yours in the way if you get caught...

Getting caught is also a hight chance even if you use a thousand proxy or ip hiding programs.. you are going to deal with the government not little kids there.. like RS nerds

But, who could they take legal action against my parents? They didn't teach me any of this shit. I do know how to make viruses that aren't batch files also.

It's their responsibility to monitor what you do.