Sign in to follow this  
Jajalapeno

Novea Vote botting?

logged in and 132 people are online but only like 15 in the official chat and yell is dead nobody at home, friend is a former staff member and said that its boosted as fuck for player count 

I thought everyone on the toplist vote bots or falsifies their player count

Wow, that's new on me.

On 5/27/2021 at 11:48 PM, leverslate said:

Wow, that's new on me.

What is

On 5/19/2021 at 2:36 AM, `Tyluur said:

I thought everyone on the toplist vote bots or falsifies their player count

Vote botting is a big thing on all toplists, except RuneLocus.

8 hours ago, Ikiliki said:

Vote botting is a big thing on all toplists, except RuneLocus.

How so? What does RuneLocus do differently?

On 6/1/2021 at 7:47 PM, `Tyluur said:

How so? What does RuneLocus do differently?

In theory the answer is 'everything'. Other toplists don't moderate their list at all. From what I've heard, a few do manually change the ranking every now and then, and use RuneLocus' ranking as reference.

But to answer the question, I think it's safe to say our captcha does most of the work. It's been there for a good while now, and since then not a single voting bot has managed to crack the system. Sure, some people have created voting bots, but those just guess the captcha answer. Five options to choose, 20% chance of getting the right answer. But the result of that method is an insanely high captcha failure percentage, which obviously don't go unnoticed.

On 6/21/2021 at 3:23 AM, Ikiliki said:

In theory the answer is 'everything'. Other toplists don't moderate their list at all. From what I've heard, a few do manually change the ranking every now and then, and use RuneLocus' ranking as reference.

But to answer the question, I think it's safe to say our captcha does most of the work. It's been there for a good while now, and since then not a single voting bot has managed to crack the system. Sure, some people have created voting bots, but those just guess the captcha answer. Five options to choose, 20% chance of getting the right answer. But the result of that method is an insanely high captcha failure percentage, which obviously don't go unnoticed.

Moderation, manual rank changes, and unique captchas. That's definitely good to hear!

What's next for Runelocus then? Sounds like you've got the toplist under wraps.