The RuneLocus forum has been archived and does not accept new registrations.
Click here for more information, and click here to join the community on Discord.

Novea Vote botting?

Jajalapeno

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 7:47 PM, `Tyluur said:

How so? What does RuneLocus do differently?

In theory the answer is 'everything'. Other toplists don't moderate their list at all. From what I've heard, a few do manually change the ranking every now and then, and use RuneLocus' ranking as reference.

But to answer the question, I think it's safe to say our captcha does most of the work. It's been there for a good while now, and since then not a single voting bot has managed to crack the system. Sure, some people have created voting bots, but those just guess the captcha answer. Five options to choose, 20% chance of getting the right answer. But the result of that method is an insanely high captcha failure percentage, which obviously don't go unnoticed.

On 6/21/2021 at 3:23 AM, Ikiliki said:

In theory the answer is 'everything'. Other toplists don't moderate their list at all. From what I've heard, a few do manually change the ranking every now and then, and use RuneLocus' ranking as reference.

But to answer the question, I think it's safe to say our captcha does most of the work. It's been there for a good while now, and since then not a single voting bot has managed to crack the system. Sure, some people have created voting bots, but those just guess the captcha answer. Five options to choose, 20% chance of getting the right answer. But the result of that method is an insanely high captcha failure percentage, which obviously don't go unnoticed.

Moderation, manual rank changes, and unique captchas. That's definitely good to hear!

What's next for Runelocus then? Sounds like you've got the toplist under wraps.